• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley stores in the UK

DaveTheRave

Oakley Beginner
What's happened to Oakleys presence in the UK? As far as I can see the only O store left is the flagship one in Covent Garden London and last time I visited the selection was very poor. I used to have an O Sore just down the road from me in Bristol but this shut and has been replaced by a Vans. It also seems the outlet O Store at Gunwharf is Portsmouth is also gone. Are Oakley moving out of the U.K. and relying on web and resellers only? I miss the banter and insider information I got from the staff at my local O Store, they were also good for ordering hard to find items.

As far as I am aware Gunwharf has just reopened after a refit (or they may have moved to a different unit). This was run by eyewearoutlet - now trading under the name igero.
Maybe @Carerra1963 can shed more light.

There is an Oakley vault at Cheshire Oaks outlet village which is still going strong. I called in recently and had a chat with the manager who told me that the rents were crippling at Cabot Circus (Bristol and my local store) and at an identical mall in Liverpool.
The times I visited Bristol there was very little foot fall.
There was also an Oakley Vault in Gloucester which has long since shut.
I think you are correct in guessing that Oakley (or more likely Luxotica) are happy with there web presence in the UK.

Thanks mjt42. I've heard the same about Cabot, lots of stores have closed or moved out but was surprised to see a Vans move in. Will have to get down to Gunwharf and check out the new store. I hope Oakley don't shy away from opening new stores, you can't beat fondling new gear before pulling the trigger!

Yep, Gunwharf Vault has just moved unit. It's now opposite where Adidas is, more or less.

I was in Berlin recently and remarked on the fact they have three O-stores there, while we have one and two Vaults in the entire country.

Yep, Gunwharf Vault has just moved unit. It's now opposite where Adidas is, more or less.

I was in Berlin recently and remarked on the fact they have three O-stores there, while we have one and two Vaults in the entire country.

three in Berlin that´s true, plus one in Hamburg and a new Shop in Munich and additional we´ve some outlets as well Wolfsburg and Zweibrücken. I mean this is quite a good quote ;)

There is also the pop up vault at Wembley, which will be around till January 31st. Covent Garden is doing well, currently have all new styles available as well as all the winter essentials.

With regard to Germany, I think the brand is massive over there, as Munich are set to opens store on Thursday.

Ooo, I was going to ask @LinusOBerlin about Munich, as they didn't used to have a store. I'm there just before Christmas, I'll check it out.

I was just informed last week about that, see pictures ;)
image.jpeg

That looks like Sendlinger Strasse, next to the North Face shop. Good location.

Thanks @Peeza21, I'd forgotten about that Wembley pop-up.

Back