• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Oakley Straight Jacket sunglasses combine performance and comfort into a sleek frame that has become an eyewear icon. We were excited to get our hands on a pair of original Straight Jacket sunglasses and new Straight Jackets to compare them ourselves.
Keep reading as we review everything to know about the Oakley Straight Jacket Sunglasses and compare the Straight Jacket 1 and 2!

History and Release
Oakley released the Straight Jacket sunglasses in 1996 and updated the frame 3 years later to the New Straight Jacket in 1999. Unfortunately, this pair was discontinued several years later.
Then, in 2007, Oakley released the Straight Jacket 2. But you wouldn’t necessarily guess the two pairs were even related. Oakley completely changed their first design with the Straight Jacket 2, giving it a more aggressive styling we’ll cover below.
But clearly, Oakley was targeting an audience that isn’t afraid to go against the grain. This is especially evident in their marketing for the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Great article! My very first pair of Oakley glasses I purchased was a pair of straight jacket 2.0 in matte rootbeer with bronze lenses! Really liked those glasses!

My favorite (non-sports) model to this day. Have multiple pairs and stocked up on spares, but I still wish genuine replacement lenses were available. I was still able to buy, for example, Gold Iridium Polarized lenses from Oakley 2 years ago, but now they only have the basic 2-3 colors available. I know they are discontinued but still fail to understand why Oakley would not make more replacement lenses. They would sell like hot cakes

My very first pair, were the Carbon Fiber/ Black Iridium New Straight Jackets. Love them and served me well, out in Oz.

Last edited:
Back