• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab

The case looks great! When a friend offers to do something for free it is almost guaranteed to take a long time since they are doing it on their own time. You will make some great graphics and I can't wait to see it finished.

looks good - but i'm with Dennis Panlilio i like the weathered look more than the clean version....

looks good - but i'm with Dennis Panlilio i like the weathered look more than the clean version....
I also like the weathered look but it was just a little to far gone for my liking.
Plus the bottom had a lot more rust than the top.
The rich color of the metal looks so good now.

That came out better than I expected! I agree somewhat with Dennis but side more with you- that rusting was just too advanced.
Maybe could justify it if Stretchlines were a dime a dozen but they aren't.
I'm sure with your graphics talent that you will come up with something for the top.
If you want images/scans of actual ones from my 2 SL cabs and 2 SL cubes let me know. Actually getting ready to begin a project to scan all old family photos so I've already got the flatbed in place.

That came out better than I expected! I agree somewhat with Dennis but side more with you- that rusting was just too advanced.
Maybe could justify it if Stretchlines were a dime a dozen but they aren't.
I'm sure with your graphics talent that you will come up with something for the top.
If you want images/scans of actual ones from my 2 SL cabs and 2 SL cubes let me know. Actually getting ready to begin a project to scan all old family photos so I've already got the flatbed in place.

Thanks, yea like I said the bottom was getting pretty bad. Even if I would have cleared it it still could continue to rust maybe just slower. Did not want to take a chance since these are so hard to find.

I am going to keep it simple on the graphics but it would be great to have a good scan of the original ones. I am not even sure what the back one looked like. Since it is so easy to slide them in and out I could get an OG set made as well.
I would really appreciate those scans if you would not mind. I can PM you my email address or you could Dropbox them to me.

Back