• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley & Surefire- Cut From The Same Cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once in a while I watch all the videos on this thing again...

The Torch - World's Brightest Flashlight | Wicked Lasers

Novelty lifespan concerns probably is what keeps the two hundo safe in my account
Ok.....now my curiosity is piqued. I checked out this wicked lasers website and I'm super curious just cause they make "lightsabers" or something super close to it. Any experience from anyone with the stuff they sell?

Their flashlights are a Joke!!!!!!! They use cheap Chinese parts, horrible LED emitters and after 15 seconds, the light becomes to hot to hold. Don't waste your time or money. IF you are looking to purchase a "real" flashlight (regardless of its intended use) please, please check out CPF. We have a thread called "recommend a light for me" where new guys who are interested in flashlights get tons of feedback about any flashlight (custom or mass-produced) ever made. From small key chain lights all the way to serious military-grade searchlights. If it emits light, we have an expert, Incandescent, HID, LED and beyond. So if you are figuring out which light keep in your glove compartment, or an EDC light, or which light to keep in your bug-out kit, or which light to give your wife for her purse, anything, we will give you advice for free, its our pleasure.

Their flashlights are a Joke!!!!!!! They use cheap Chinese parts, horrible LED emitters and after 15 seconds, the light becomes to hot to hold. Don't waste your time or money. IF you are looking to purchase a "real" flashlight (regardless of its intended use) please, please check out CPF. We have a thread called "recommend a light for me" where new guys who are interested in flashlights get tons of feedback about any flashlight (custom or mass-produced) ever made. From small key chain lights all the way to serious military-grade searchlights. If it emits light, we have an expert, Incandescent, HID, LED and beyond. So if you are figuring out which light keep in your glove compartment, or an EDC light, or which light to keep in your bug-out kit, or which light to give your wife for her purse, anything, we will give you advice for free, its our pleasure.
Interesting. I'm not really looking for flashlights ;) I'm looking to chop someone in half Jedi style. :D

Ok.....now my curiosity is piqued. I checked out this wicked lasers website and I'm super curious just cause they make "lightsabers" or something super close to it. Any experience from anyone with the stuff they sell?

Haha. I have the green "core" laser. My dog will chase it until he's lame, and has worn out the batteries several times in the last year.

Agree with @BLEZ though - they do lasers well, but their flashlights aren't anything special. I think I remember the "torch" just for the ridiculousness of the lumen output. Safe to say it's not the highest output light these days.

Haha. I have the green "core" laser. My dog will chase it until he's lame, and has worn out the batteries several times in the last year.

Agree with @BLEZ though - they do lasers well, but their flashlights aren't anything special. I think I remember the "torch" just for the ridiculousness of the lumen output. Safe to say it's not the highest output light these days.
So with that in mind of me not looking for a flashlight the laser is pretty cool?

I was looking at it going....I WANT A LIGHTSABER!!! :assassin::focus-97::lolsign:

So with that in mind of me not looking for a flashlight the laser is pretty cool?

Hahaha

Yeah, even their basic laser is remarkably intense. Now that I look at it, it seems that they've discontinued the "core" line - mine is equivalent to a 15mw green "Nano" these days.

I can't imagine how intense the 50 to 100 mw "Evo" line would be. Even the 15mw beam - much less the spot - is dazzlingly bright to see.

@BLEZ what flashlight would you recommend I look at for a 10" SBR AR-15. Must accept a remote switch, must take cr123, must be compatible with common weaponlight mounts. Bonus points for disabling brightness, single level output and wide angle beam. Beam throw max 100 yards.

Not limited to any brand. Sub $500. Very curious to see where you take this...!

I have a pretty decent flashlight collection. Majority are streamlight, couple jetbeam and fenix and a few surefire.

I was looking at it going....I WANT A LIGHTSABER!!! :assassin::focus-97::lolsign:
Their lasers are awesome ! As far as I can tell their lasers are excellent especially the artic line. Most people are saying that they have trouble having their item shipped. They are kinda amtaeurish about customer support. And they have really big demands and average stock.

So : buy three of em Frank !

Edit : also these things BURN. I burned easily a tire sidewall with my krypton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back