• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Found these Oakley Sutro's while browsing the web yesterday. Appears to be a new Oakley model that has yet to be release. To date I've found eight different frame colors and equipped with Prizm-lenses. Looks like they're supposed to be used for sports but no Unobtainium on the arms. What do you guys think?

Update: Now released on Oakley.com in the color ways which were featured below: Oakley Sutro

The Oakley Sutro offers a full rim, large framed sunglasses in a throwback to the 1980's/1990's era Oakley's Eyeshades, which have recently become popular again with the vintage trends.

Currently the colorways available include:
OO9406-0137 - Polished Black w/ Prizm Black
OO9406-0237 - Matte Vampirella w/ Prizm Ruby
OO9406-0437 - Matte Dark Grey w/ Prizm Low Light
OO9406-0537 - Matte Carbon w/ Prizm 24k
OO9406-0637 - Matte White w/ Prizm Road
OO9406-0737 - Sky w/ Prizm Sapphire
OO9406-0837 - Matte Black w/ Prizm Road

All pairs are retailing for between $143 and $163.

Will be very interesting to see the public reaction to these sunglasses. They are definitely loud and while they may fit with the fashion crowd, don't think they'll be an everyday pair for most folks.

What do you all think of the Oakley Sutro Sunglasses?
View attachment 564683
View attachment 564684
View attachment 564685
View attachment 564686
This is what happens when you've lost your inspiration and drive to grow as a business - because you've reached the pinnacle of success.

That red frame is badass.
View attachment 604546

Sent from my NOTE NINE using Tapatalk

What’s your honest opinion of them? I haven’t gotten ability to try them on yet so my best comparison is measurements found online. The largest frame I own is either a new Crosshairs or Frogskin (in terms of frame size) and these seem to measure smaller but with longer arms. Thoughts?

What’s your honest opinion of them? I haven’t gotten ability to try them on yet so my best comparison is measurements found online. The largest frame I own is either a new Crosshairs or Frogskin (in terms of frame size) and these seem to measure smaller but with longer arms. Thoughts?
They are almost Jawbreaker sized. I never thought I'd like it. I am not digging the useless looking bar. I thought it moved like on the Jawbreaker, but that's not the case. I didn't notice much about the arms, but they felt more comfy vs the Jawbreaker.

They are almost Jawbreaker sized. I never thought I'd like it. I am not digging the useless looking bar. I thought it moved like on the Jawbreaker, but that's not the case. I didn't notice much about the arms, but they felt more comfy vs the Jawbreaker.

With them not having any rubber on the arms, do they still stay on your head relatively well? The arms don’t have curves like Holbrooks or Frogs but they’re longer and curve inward towards the back of your head it looks like

With them not having any rubber on the arms, do they still stay on your head relatively well? The arms don’t have curves like Holbrooks or Frogs but they’re longer and curve inward towards the back of your head it looks like
I am more about style than function.

But yeah, they curve inwards like the Jawbreaker, minus the rubber. I didn't buy the frame.

Not a huge fan but I have to get a pair in ocp, they have some cool colours on there.
Just waiting for them to have front and stems in all the available options.

Back