• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley T Shirt Sizing And Fit

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Okay...I've never owned an Oakley T shirt...thinking of ordering some online, but I'm curious about the cut/fit/sizing. I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall, 185 lbs. I lift weights a lot so I'm built a moderate amount in the upper chest, shoulders and arms-slime in the stomach area. I like my shirts to fit snugly (I even tailor my t shirt sleeves to fit snug on my arms) but I don't want them too tight. I am making a guess based on what I wear in other brands that LARGE SLIM is probably want I'm going to want...but some brands shirts are so large that I actually need Mediums (Affliction would be an example of this) so the shirts won't swim on me.

Can anyone provide personal experience if I'm on the right track with Large/Slim?

I generally wear an XL. I have some tagged XL's that fit like a L and some like XXL....I have never seen such inconsistent sizing. I can say that the Oakley Softwear stuff generally runs big. I got a black SS with silver embroidered Icon and it was HUGE! Had to sell it.....

Sizing on Oakley clothing has NEVER been right. Regular fit, slim fit, exact fit, whats next????? I own numerous old school and new T-shirts. I usually wear a large but I have bought XXL in slim fit just so it fits right. A few months back I bought an Oakley retro t shirt off the vault. Figured I would get an XL because it was a regular fit and 100% cotton. When it arrived it was super long and huge. I was like is this from a big and tall section or? I ended up giving to my wife as a nite shirt.

I have since stopped buying clothes from Oakley via the net. The shoes are a different story. They have always been consistent, and I have about 6 pairs....

The only thing consistent in the clothing I have found are the hoodies. Im fat so I dont like a tight fitting t-shirt. Sometimes the XL is just right, sometimes its tight. The XXL slim is good sometimes but you get extra length, made for the tall folks.

I love a lot of Oakley shirt designs, but they keep making them with thinner material. I have some older Oakley Racing Division t-shirts that were nice and thick. They just feel like a good quality product. All the new ones I've bought are almost paper thin.