• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Takes Care Of Loyal Customer - Fuel Cell

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
M

marc2040

Few weeks ago I lost an violet icon of my Fuel Cell. Don't ask me how and when ... just lost one.

Calling Oakley
Callcenter: We don't have violet icons
Me: Mmmhh, that's not good, what else can you do?
Callcenter: *crumbles paper* give me your email address and you will get an email next day.

And you know what I have had next day, right, an email:

... we are sorry to hear of the problem with your sunglasses. The icons are not sold separately I’m afraid that we can send to you, however we can issue you with a complete replacement frame. If you can provide a copy of your purchase receipt showing that the glasses are within warranty we can send the replacement frame to you free of charge within warranty.

You can email a copy of your receipt to this email address, with your delivery address and telephone number and we will arrange to send you a replacement.

We hope this is helpful to you.
Kind Regards,

X. X.

My next thought: Ok, easy to do, sent them an email with my invoice. Good when your paperwork is well sorted.

5 days: nothing
6 days: nothing
7 days: right, nothing

Day 10: They sent me an email again saying:

... thank you for your email.

After inspection of the information you have provided, we shall be able to issue you with a replacement Polished Clear frame for your Fuel Cell sunglasses free of charge under warranty. You should receive your replacement frame within the next 5-7 business days.

Kind Regards

X. X.

And you know what? I received their last email on Tuesday and today (Thursday) a big brown car stopped in front of my house, with a brand new Fuel Cell frame inside :wink:

Oakley: A good company, a very good company

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes ... I am.
The Fuel Cell is now brand, my lenses were unscratched.
Enjoyed them today while having a caffè latte.

Just get a different set of icons and put them in the other pair.

I have sold the old frame, because Oakley just replaced the frame without lenses.

I've had Oakley do the same for me on a couple of frames. One because they lost it (got that one FOC) & the other they agreed to supply me with just & Metallic Black Monster Dog frame so I could put my spare lenses in, so I just had to purchase the frame. Always nice to be treated well by a large company. Congrats on the replacement, they look really really nice.

Sounds like a good deal, but I don't understand why they would give out a whole new frame for what they could have taken care of with one icon......corporate thinking.

Sounds like a good deal, but I don't understand why they would give out a whole new frame for what they could have taken care of with one icon......corporate thinking.

To many people would have been involved with shipping one icon. Some how the other one would have been found on a shelf next week and chaos would have ensued.

Latest Posts

Back