• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ten Vs Pit Bull...Continued.

Funny you mention Zappos I was just on the website. Haha

No I've never seen the Jury's before not even in person. Is it even on the Oakley website?

have you looked at the Jury's?
Altrec.com - The North Face, Patagonia, Backpacks, Running Shoes, Camping Equipment, Oakley Sunglasses and Backcountry.com: The North Face, Mountain Hardwear and Arc'teryx Skiing, Camping, Hiking and Backpacking Gear both have pit bull's. altrec is a great site, write a review, and you get a 15%off coupon you can use towards oakley's.

I've shopped there plenty of times :) altrec has the crystal black pit bull. zappos.com is another great site to try for oakleys.

There's a vault about 7 miles from my house and about 400 yards from where I work. I can head over there aftter work tomorrow and take some comparison shots if you'd like. I was there today and tried on the Pit Bull. Very similar to the Ten (I own a set), but they're smaller.

The Ten fits my face great and gives pretty much full coverage without the bottom of the frame getting into my peripheral. Like you said, the lack of rubber on the stems and nose is the only downside.

The Pit Bull sits a bit higher on my face, a bit narrower at the temples, and mosst importantly for me, is visible and block a portion of my downward peripheral vision.

I wear my pair of Ten for casual use. Out on the town, driving, etc. I have M-Frames, Flak Jackets, and Half Jackets for active use when the sweat will become an issue. Those 3 also provide a lighter fit, no frame near the cheekbone which gives better ventilation and absolutely no obstruction of the vision.

The Pit Bull also doesn't look quite as good in my opinion. The Ten has very clean lines and smoother frames.

If you're looking for an active-wear set of glasses, get an actual sports set like M, Half, Flak, Radar, etc.

I have Radars, Half doesn't fit me neither does the M. Flak fits but kinda small. Haven't tried the Fast yet. I love my Radars, they fit nice and tight and stay on my face for long periods of time and I like the open bottom. The Ten's get in the way of my vision with the frame on the bottom myself. The problem with the Radar is that they are somewhat of a "Sport" fit or tight by the way the stems are designed. So if I'm wearing them for more than a couple hours a day my ears start to itch and I feel it around my head. The Ten's is a much more relaxed fit. So I'd like that relaxed fit of the Ten's and the traction of the Radar's. Does that make sense I guess?

There's a vault about 7 miles from my house and about 400 yards from where I work. I can head over there aftter work tomorrow and take some comparison shots if you'd like. I was there today and tried on the Pit Bull. Very similar to the Ten (I own a set), but they're smaller.

The Ten fits my face great and gives pretty much full coverage without the bottom of the frame getting into my peripheral. Like you said, the lack of rubber on the stems and nose is the only downside.

The Pit Bull sits a bit higher on my face, a bit narrower at the temples, and mosst importantly for me, is visible and block a portion of my downward peripheral vision.

I wear my pair of Ten for casual use. Out on the town, driving, etc. I have M-Frames, Flak Jackets, and Half Jackets for active use when the sweat will become an issue. Those 3 also provide a lighter fit, no frame near the cheekbone which gives better ventilation and absolutely no obstruction of the vision.

The Pit Bull also doesn't look quite as good in my opinion. The Ten has very clean lines and smoother frames.

If you're looking for an active-wear set of glasses, get an actual sports set like M, Half, Flak, Radar, etc.

Latest Posts

Back