• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Time Bomb

Too bad about the rubber... Still looks nice, maybe a jeweller or some other professional can buff out the scratches on the strap ...

Try looking online for beater watches for spare parts...you might find some rubber parts

Too bad about the rubber... Still looks nice, maybe a jeweller or some other professional can buff out the scratches on the strap ...

Try looking online for beater watches for spare parts...you might find some rubber parts

I was wondering about buffing it out. I will have to ask around at some jewelers. I will maybe see if it can be done whenever I replace the capacitor. I wasn't sure if it could be buffed without making the band appear polished.

I was wondering about buffing it out. I will have to ask around at some jewelers. I will maybe see if it can be done whenever I replace the capacitor. I wasn't sure if it could be buffed without making the band appear polished.
as a daily wear pair i reckon just leave it. they cant recreate that surface without beadblasting. unless you want to polish the entire watch...

I will probably just leave it then. I don't want to have the whole thing polished. Luckily it seems like the capacitor still has some life in it. Has been keeping time so far.

I will probably just leave it then. I don't want to have the whole thing polished. Luckily it seems like the capacitor still has some life in it. Has been keeping time so far.

It will probably keep time as long as its worn and stays moving...... For $200, that was an awesome deal!!! I would also agree, don't bother with refinishing as the titanium bands scuff and scratch very easily. The watch is like wearing liquid metal, flows nicely on the wrist and the contours make it comfortable. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks, I figured $200 was a pretty good price. It is comfortable to wear even without the rubber pieces. No doubt that I am happy with my purchase.

Great deal on that watch! Oakley still had the rubber bits the last time I sent my watch in, got brand new ones installed. Unfortunately you have to send in the watch to them. They won't tell you over the phone if they have the parts or not, you have to send it in and see. I'd be leery about letting them open it up though, mine came back with a damaged coil from an errant screwdriver.

Great deal, even in that condition. You can always change the capacitor yourself, there is a thread here to walk you through it.

You might also consider getting the watch finished in cerakote by Dr Chop. You could pick a new color and it would be pretty durable. Just an option to polishing...

Great deal, even in that condition. You can always change the capacitor yourself, there is a thread here to walk you through it.

You might also consider getting the watch finished in cerakote by Dr Chop. You could pick a new color and it would be pretty durable. Just an option to polishing...

Yea that might be an option at some point. Im ok with it for now as it is something I have and will be wearing daily, so a little scratching of the band is ok.