• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Time Bomb

It looks like the x metal color, you can take some very fine steel wool and buff those scratches out yourself, I did that on my TB2 and couldn't even tell the scratches were there.

"'Thats what the guy said" Funny, thats what the seller of mine said too. I bought it in person. Absolutely perfect in every way. He wanted $400, I told him $340, because he didn't have the box and it was gonna need a cap replacement. He told me it keeps perfect time. Sure it does if left on the wrist for 24/7, oh and it had to be moving all the time..... Leave it motionless for an hour and I had my answer. After my cap was replaced, I wore it for 3 days, then put it in my case and it kept time for three weeks and still was working. It now goes in the Wolf watch winder and I wear it occasionally. Its worth doing a new cap and pressure test. I now have the metal vault, the outer box and the instruction book.

View attachment 7980
View attachment 7981

I didn't realize that a watch winder would work for this type of movement - my understanding was that the TB was based on a quartz type kinetic movement, Seiko Kinetic. I was told that this doesn't behave exactly like an automatic movement, so a watch winder would not work to keep its capacitor charged. Instead you need a kinetic charger. Is this what you are using?

Thanks for the post - I think you got this for a great price!

Heh Guys, think you can sort out you problem by using an old electric toothbrush charger to 'boost' the watch coils. Saw this on O-Review, and tried it myself.........and yes, my TB which no longer held any charge is back to her 'old self' once again!

Replacing a Time Bomb Capacitor

well sorry guys, but now when I tried this page I get redirected back here............

Last edited:
Heh Guys, think you can sort out you problem by using an old electric toothbrush charger to 'boost' the watch coils. Saw this on O-Review, and tried it myself.........and yes, my TB which no longer held any charge is back to her 'old self' once again!

Replacing a Time Bomb Capacitor

Wow! Thats awesome. I will give this a try. Is there a certain type of electric tool brush brand that this will work with?

Wow! Thats awesome. I will give this a try. Is there a certain type of electric tool brush brand that this will work with?

I use a Philips Sonicare RS930 charger but I'd be suprised if most chargers for soinc toothbrushes or electronic products wouldn't do the job also! Just to re-iterate: the kind of charger that requires you to place the item over a pole/protrusion for charging, which is connected to the mains.