• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Titanium Crosshairs - 1.0 vs 2012?

morph2k4

Oakley Beginner
I did some googling, but couldn't find much useful information.

Questions:
1. Is it correct that both the 1.0 and the 2012 versions of the crosshair are available in titanium?
2. Are there any major differences in reliability or function between the two versions? Is there a compelling reason to choose one over the other?
3. Is it true that there are two iterations of the 1.0 with different lense edge beveling that might make it difficult to source replacement lenses?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I did some googling, but couldn't find much useful information.

Questions:
1. Is it correct that both the 1.0 and the 2012 versions of the crosshair are available in titanium?
2. Are there any major differences in reliability or function between the two versions? Is there a compelling reason to choose one over the other?
3. Is it true that there are two iterations of the 1.0 with different lense edge beveling that might make it difficult to source replacement lenses?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
#3 is true. I'm dealing with it.

1. The Gen1 was available in four Ti versions. The 2012, only two.
2. No.
29728471382_fac4708fe1_z.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a pre owned Crosshair Ti 1.0. Does the Titanium Crosshair 1.0 come with spring hinges? Are the lens width 63mm or 61 on the 1.0? I have heard that the lenses can be replaced without taking the frame apart like the o-matter frames, I was wondering if it actually compromises the structural integrity of the sunglasses?

I'm thinking of getting a pre owned Crosshair Ti 1.0. Does the Titanium Crosshair 1.0 come with spring hinges? Are the lens width 63mm or 61 on the 1.0? I have heard that the lenses can be replaced without taking the frame apart like the o-matter frames, I was wondering if it actually compromises the structural integrity of the sunglasses?

Yes

Back