• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tombstone is a ripoff of Bliz Tempo

Someone call Oakley Legal Dept.

uploadfromtaptalk1458232467988.jpg

tons of eyewear companies have "similar" designs. I'm pretty sure Ray-ban didn't try to sue Oakley when they came out with Frogskins. Or any aviator style glasses ever. Considering I've never even heard of Blitz until 5 minutes ago not really a big deal.

Yeah well, you could say most sunglasses probably has a twin out there , i just think the part of the frame that holds the glasses are way to similar to be a coincidence.

I also have to add that i have a couple of Tempo glasses myself and a few of the other glasses Bliz makes, that is why i noticed it when i first saw the tombstones recently.

Assuming Blitz came out with theirs first, it would be dependent on what's patented, and if the design infringes on that patent. You can't just sue because of a vague resemblance.

Assuming Blitz came out with theirs first, it would be dependent on what's patented, and if the design infringes on that patent. You can't just sue because of a vague resemblance.
exactly, all oakley glasses are patented right ? So if someone made a pair of glasses like Tempo´s after the Tombstones were released i would think Oakley would go after them.

exactly, all oakley glasses are patented right ? So if someone made a pair of glasses like Tempo´s after the Tombstones were released i would think Oakley would go after them.

Patents are specific. There would have to be a patent on the stem switch mechanism in particular, and the copy would have to duplicate it. And the overall design, it'd have to be a direct copy, not a general resemblance. This is a non-issue.

I mean, your face resembles my dlck but you don't see me suing you, do you??? :D

I'm sure every member will loose sleep over this. I gotta buy a few pairs of each as they will be an investment asset for future ebay sales. Prices will rise and the demand will too. This is similar when Aliph attempted to sue Oakley over the name "Jawbone" because they used that name for their Bluetooth device, and then Oakley changed the name to Racing Jacket. I made a ton of hard cash on that deal!!!!!

Patents are specific. There would have to be a patent on the stem switch mechanism in particular, and the copy would have to duplicate it. And the overall design, it'd have to be a direct copy, not a general resemblance. This is a non-issue.

I mean, your face resembles my dlck but you don't see me suing you, do you??? :D
Your **** is green !?
You better visit a doctor, or in your case, more likely the free clinic

Back