• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tron Pit Boss & Backpack

random_user_1999

Oakley Beginner
Does anyone know how many pairs of these were actually made? I've seen a few people advertising there were only 100 made but find this hard to believe. I recently picked up a set NIB for $1,000 and find myself wearing these glasses everyday. If they actually that rare though I may reconsider daily wear but still they are my favorite Oakleys ever!

Wondering this as well. Can't be 100 pairs though. Probably much more than that.

well more than that. WAY more. the Tron was only as limited as its run but it was mass produced during that period so theres alot out there. not sure who started perpetuating the 100 made claim on eBay but its not true

Wear them regardless. Will you have gotten more joy after 5 years of looking at them, or looking at them in 5 years and seeing the memories of where they've been?

Yeah, I figured there had to be way more than 100 but can't seem to find any actual numbers...Rustpot, after thinking about it I 100% agree with your statement. Ultimately I will get a much more enjoyment out of wearing them than stashing them away in a box. Since I am not a collector it doesn't make sense to save them and there's no way I'll sell them since I am practically in love with them! I am dreading the day when I accidentally drop them as it's bound to happen sooner or later...I should just drop them now on purpose to get it over with :) My friends think I am crazy but surely I can't be the only one out there willing to spend $800 on a pair of sunglasses and then wear them everyday. The backpack is supposed to be limited run too but overall I am not too impressed with it...I was going to use it for work since it's got a laptop slot but there aren't too many other pockets, the Swiss bag I use has way more storage pockets so will likely try and sell the bag to recoup some of the money I spent.

Agreed. 100 pairs produced is totally incorrect. 1,000 maybe. Knowing Oakley, we'll probably never know the actual number of pairs sold.

There are 250 of the tron backpack/pb combo. Not sure how many of the pb alone there are but i know theres at least more than 250.

Back