• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tune Up - UK

A crack has formed in the armor....

tn_8708.jpg

(Yeah I know, Holland ain't Spain...)

No nothing at all Mark. Just pushed in too hard at the back so 'recessed' and protruding at the front.
Thanks

Just come across this thread. Very sorry to hear about your situation! :eek: I really hope you can get the nose bridge restored/ replaced to bring them back from this unholy mess.

It sounds like Oakley is beginning to loose its expertise in this field. This is a sad day as it was the closest option for the likes of you and me (being UK based). I dislike the idea of shipping valuable frames long distance (don't have much confidence in any of the shipping companies). We need a local whiz equivalent to X-Man this side of the pond (not to take any business away from him just a bit more local).

I have to say this reinforces my desire to do it myself. I have been putting together a rig to attempt this process myself. However, I have not yet plucked up the courage to use it and it probably needs a few tweaks. Need a real beater that needs some TLC to try it out without risking a pair that is still OK.

Thank you and yes it definitely fills you with dread for sending anything in. I feel the pro's on the board, even taking the overseas shipping and potential import fees into account, are a safer option for our frames in the future. On the plus side, I am very thankful for the offers of assistance with this problem from members here - you know who you are! I will certainly be using their services in the future. I also was not willing to take the risk of sending the frame back into Oakley for an assessment as they put it, for fear of them completely ruining the frame so it will be taking a trip across the pond shortly! They no longer carry any spare parts so could only offer a Badman in compensation with an apology.

Thank you and yes it definitely fills you with dread for sending anything in. I feel the pro's on the board, even taking the overseas shipping and potential import fees into account, are a safer option for our frames in the future. On the plus side, I am very thankful for the offers of assistance with this problem from members here - you know who you are! I will certainly be using their services in the future. I also was not willing to take the risk of sending the frame back into Oakley for an assessment as they put it, for fear of them completely ruining the frame so it will be taking a trip across the pond shortly! They no longer carry any spare parts so could only offer a Badman in compensation with an apology.
The good thing about an X-Man tune up is that it will last WAY longer than the factory rubber. Even if it is a bit more to ship it over to the US, it's money well spent. If I ever moved overseas I'd still send them to X-Man...

Next tune up will be X-man. Oakley Europe did a sub standard job on my X-Metal Juliets the last time.. (scratches and pins aren't fitted quite right)

Back