• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tune Up

Quick question curiousity wise does oakley refinishes the frames as well? When you send your glasses for tune up?

I don't think so as mine were already polished. But they did tighten them up nice. I could not wear them anymore they were so loose.

They are SLOW as hell too. I sent a frame to HQ for a tune-up (for a specific reason, XMAN usually does them and prob. will re-do this one) I mailed them either 6/2 or 6/3 and they have not contacted me yet that they are ready to send back :(

From most of what I have read, X-man is the way to go. I will use his services next time, but I was happy with oakley's this time.

From most of what I have read, X-man is the way to go.
He is the way to go. He is faster, his price is cheaper and if you need an orbital gasket, screw replaced or hinge washers he has those too.
Some forum members think that his are too tight which is OK with me as they will stay tighter longer.
If they are too tight you can ask him for less tight which he will do, or after tightening take them and work them a little bit and create some looseness.
I mailed them either 6/2 or 6/3 and they have not contacted me yet that they are ready to send back
This is consistent with my Oakley tune-up experience too; about a month, sometimes they are as loose as they started and sometimes the flex coupler installed is incorrectly resulting in a skewed frame.
Or, you can send them to Mark and get them better, faster and cheaper. YMMV

Back