• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley turbine. (Not rotors)

UsernameUnknown

Oakley Beginner
Have a pair of Oakley turbines here that Ive liberated from certain destruction. Square icons with embossed side rubbers.
looking to freshen them up and trying to find parts. Am I right in saying there's 3 types?
Rotor, non rotor with round icons and non rotor with square icons.

Are the non rotors icons and rubbers interchangeable?
Obviously icons and rubbers as a pair not square icons into round rubbers.

Have a pair of Oakley turbines here that Ive liberated from certain destruction. Square icons with embossed side rubbers.
looking to freshen them up and trying to find parts. Am I right in saying there's 3 types?
Rotor, non rotor with round icons and non rotor with square icons.

Are the non rotors icons and rubbers interchangeable?
Obviously icons and rubbers as a pair not square icons into round rubbers.

The holes in the ear stems behind the icon match the shape of the icon. I don't think they would interchangeable. It's the old square peg in a round hole thing.

image.png
Oakley_Turbine.png

Thanks mate. Exactly what I thought. Just wasn't sure what the back of the round icons looked like.
Do the older square ones have a different designation to the newer ones if I was looking for parts?
Rubbers are bowing out and a bit nasty.
What's the best place to look?
009263-01 on the stem. That the model number?
65 O 17 132 there as well

Thanks mate. Exactly what I thought. Just wasn't sure what the back of the round icons looked like.
Do the older square ones have a different designation to the newer ones if I was looking for parts?

I don't think there is a designation difference other than the new rubbers say Oakley on them and the icons are round. The basic model number has stayed the same. Oakley customer service would be your best bet for new rubbers or here when you can use the exchange forum.
OO9263-01 is the model number, OO9263 designates Turbine, 01 is the colorway.
65 O 17 132 is the size.

Size as in s m l XL or actual measuments?
Didn't think they'd vary from one pair to the next.
Is their a list of colorways with pics anywhere?
Really like the transparent frames but hard to pull that off with black frames ha.

You can't get the old square unobtainium earsocks. Oakley/Luxx has completely discontinued the square icon. The Turbine model was barely into it's release when they made the corporate decision to forego the Square icon for the Ellipse icon going forward. Thus they discontinued the Square Icon Turbine model and replaced with the Ellipse model.

You won't find any on ebay (though you will find the Ellipse earsocks). If you take them to an Oakley store they will replace with the new Ellipse model.

Literally best bet on Square Icon would be to find a Vault store (specifically Vault) and try to find a friendly/sympathetic associate who might be willing to see if they still have some Square Icon Earsocks laying around.

But yea, they're gone.

You can't get the old square unobtainium earsocks. Oakley/Luxx has completely discontinued the square icon. The Turbine model was barely into it's release when they made the corporate decision to forego the Square icon for the Ellipse icon going forward. Thus they discontinued the Square Icon Turbine model and replaced with the Ellipse model.

You won't find any on ebay (though you will find the Ellipse earsocks). If you take them to an Oakley store they will replace with the new Ellipse model.

Literally best bet on Square Icon would be to find a Vault store (specifically Vault) and try to find a friendly/sympathetic associate who might be willing to see if they still have some Square Icon Earsocks laying around.

But yea, they're gone.

What exactly are you saying they will replace?

Back