• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OAKLEY Twenty XX 2000 Model

Mistermugi

Oakley Enthusiast
I was wondering what other models would fit me if the OAKLEY Twenty XX 2000 Model fits me perfectly.
For people who own Twenty XX 2000 Model--what other models do you recommend.

Welcome @Mistermugi ! The XX Twenty (2000) is a personal favorite for me as well. And if you ever have an extra XX in Pearl, Electric Blue, Gunmetal, or SI, please keep me in mind.

You might like the Minute 2.0
- Lenses are interchangeable with the XX Twenty
- Similar shape
- No nose bridge text
- No rubber nosebombs, just the earsocks
- I like the arms better

@Chris169 mentioned the New Straight Jacket II (often called the SJ2)
- No nose bridge text
- Larger lenses / more rectangular lenses
- Incredibly comfy for most people
- Also has nosebombs
- A favorite on the forum, and there are plenty of them "around" to buy

It's rumored that the Unknown is also liked and appreciated by those that like XX Twenty.
I don't have any so I won'tcomment.

The Minute 1.0 is of course a classic and comes in even more awesome colors, compared to the XX Twenty.
They are almost identical frames, but the XX Twenty is just sliiiiiiightly larger than the Minute 1.0. The XX Twenty also has nosebombs, and the Minute 1.0 does not.
Worth trying if you haven't already.

Thanks for recommendations---this forum is awesome!
I have noticed the new styles are not as cool as older ones. But with older styles i cannot try on before i commit to buy.

I previously had straight jacket that fit nicely too but the lens was a little too small for my liking.

I also had a pair Oakley Fives in the early nineties---which i gave away. They fit perfectly too. Now kinda regret giving those away--now that i know i can source replacement lenses.

I like my Eye Patch 2 but the nose bridge doesn't touch my nose--awaiting nose pads to stick on when they arrive.

Being Asian and living in Australia doesn't give me much options here as there are limited asian sizes and styles.

Recently tried on the Oakley Clifdens so was back into Oakleys. They fit nicely with side panels removed. But with side panels it kinda sit up as it rests on my temples.
So i was looking at what other models i could get---maybe i have enough already!

There's also the New Twenty (2012), which was a remake of the original XX Twenty (2000).
- I can't figure out if I love this frame, or want to sell my whole collection of New Twenty's. 😆
- It seems to be less popular than the original XX Twenty.
- It does have nosebombs, and the earsocks are pretty awesome.
- FMJ Gunmetal is my personal favorite.... the photo on O-Review doesn't do it justice...

polished White Minute 2.0
Metallic blue Minute 2.0

but to use the Exchange you have to be on the forum two weeks and 15 posts or so. You can check out the details on the forum rules. Or or you could buy premium membership to get early access.

polished White Minute 2.0
Metallic blue Minute 2.0

but to use the Exchange you have to be on the forum two weeks and 15 posts or so. You can check out the details on the forum rules. Or or you could buy premium membership to get early access.
I'd be interested in what you have in 2012 Twenty---quotes are in US$?

Back