• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OAKLEY Twenty XX 2000 Model

Thanks. I’m not looking to sell those now, but after you’ve been on the forum for two weeks, and made enough posts, you can use private messages (pm) and the Exchange.

PM avoids everyone publicly finding out that I think my New Twenty collection is worth...
6DD5EB15-D281-4A98-B4CD-80E3213E566E.jpeg

😆 :oops:

I’m just kidding. And hopefully the prices here on the exchange stay reasonable since we help each other out. The link above was from another member here on the Exchange, and he has two pairs of minutes 2.0 for sale. Just to give you an idea.

Anyone have any ideas where to get rubber replacement parts for the xx twenty old style glasses. I have green lenses but to worried about colour.

Welcome @Mistermugi ! The XX Twenty (2000) is a personal favorite for me as well. And if you ever have an extra XX in Pearl, Electric Blue, Gunmetal, or SI, please keep me in mind.

You might like the Minute 2.0
- Lenses are interchangeable with the XX Twenty
- Similar shape
- No nose bridge text
- No rubber nosebombs, just the earsocks
- I like the arms better

@Chris169 mentioned the New Straight Jacket II (often called the SJ2)
- No nose bridge text
- Larger lenses / more rectangular lenses
- Incredibly comfy for most people
- Also has nosebombs
- A favorite on the forum, and there are plenty of them "around" to buy

It's rumored that the Unknown is also liked and appreciated by those that like XX Twenty.
I don't have any so I won'tcomment.

The Minute 1.0 is of course a classic and comes in even more awesome colors, compared to the XX Twenty.
They are almost identical frames, but the XX Twenty is just sliiiiiiightly larger than the Minute 1.0. The XX Twenty also has nosebombs, and the Minute 1.0 does not.
Worth trying if you haven't already.
@DaysOfNoah i know this post is a little old but hoping you can tell me what the size of the twenty xx 2000 model lenses are. I cant find it anywhere and a lot of the replacement lens sites offer 2 options but they are for the 2012 model 009157 (55mm or 57mm) and i dont want to order the wrong size. Any odeas ? 🙏

@DaysOfNoah i know this post is a little old but hoping you can tell me what the size of the twenty xx 2000 model lenses are. I cant find it anywhere and a lot of the replacement lens sites offer 2 options but they are for the 2012 model 009157 (55mm or 57mm) and i dont want to order the wrong size. Any odeas ? 🙏
Welcome @preeds79 glad to find another person who loves this frame.

If only @zcrxsi were here with his measuring calipers. 😃. Once he surfaces I'm sure he could give us the exact dimensions.

The original XX Twenty and Minute 2.0 are typically interchangeable, fyi.

If you post a link to the lenses we can probably tell you which pair. Most sites will distinguish by the year XX Twenty (2000) or New Twenty (2012).

Welcome @preeds79 glad to find another person who loves this frame.

If only @zcrxsi were here with his measuring calipers. 😃. Once he surfaces I'm sure he could give us the exact dimensions.

The original XX Twenty and Minute 2.0 are typically interchangeable, fyi.

If you post a link to the lenses we can probably tell you which pair. Most sites will distinguish by the year XX Twenty (2000) or New Twenty (2012).
@DaysOfNoah Nice, yeah had them a while now after picking them up second hand die to my other pair wandering. Here is the link. Not sure it will work properly though Search - Oakley twenty, and i have also attached a screenshot. Cheers mate 👍

Screenshot_20220416-064312.png

@preeds79 I don't know that aftermarket brand... might be good to avoid.

Can you post of photo of your existing sunglasses, just to make sure?

Assuming you have the XX Twenty from 2000, try one of these reputable brands. Seek is a forum sponsor. Fuse and Revant are well respected. Direct links:

Also if you go Fuse and want, I have some link that is $10 off for you and $5 credit for me, or something like that.

Assuming you have the XX Twenty from 2000, try one of these reputable brands. Seek is a forum sponsor. Fuse and Revant are well respected. Direct links:
Thanks mate i will give them a try. I am in Aus so the shipping is costly and i also needed another pair of lenses for my other sunnies. I have used these guys before. While they are aftermarket they are still good. I will grab a poc of my twentys when i get home. The inside lens are starting to flake away after all the years of wear. Outside is good still though !

@DaysOfNoah Thanks for the links mate. Went with revant as they had all the lenses for all 3 pairs. Only cost $120 Aus so winning for sure. Thanks again 👍🕶️👍

Back