• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Twin Shock Hinges

paravians

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I have just received a pair of Oakley Overlord RX glasses, the description at the Oakley site says that they have (like many other models not just Overlord) Twin Shock™ hinges that allow for "hyper-flexing", and that the hinges "can be flexed beyond their normal open point". I presumed that it was like most frames nowadays with spring assisted temple hinges, but in fact these Oakleys do not seem to extend beyond their normal open point at all, they are rigid beyond the normal open point (obviously I am not forcing them). Anyone here with a pair of Oakley with "twin shock" hinges can confirm this please (I am afraid I got a fake pair, even though they look exactly like the Oakley website). Thanks!

I have a pair of JFL that have the twin shock hinge, and they are an excellent design that can be seriously flexed without breaking. I doubt that yours are fake, it sounds more like a case of "i'm not familiar with the product, so i don't want to stress it." Do not worry, just wear them.

Thanks OakleyGuru379, in fact I am not familiar with these 'Overlord', having received them this morning to replace my 10 yo Oakley rx. I was wondering why Oakley state that the Twin Shock hinges (quote) "can be flexed beyond their normal open point" when in fact, at least in my case (perhaps others too?), they don't.

I wasnt trying to be condescending, just help you out. They do, in fact, flex. Maybe a new guy such as yourself should be more worried about learning, instead of being a sarcastic prick. Welcome to the forum.

I didn't read any sarcasm in his post. Although it could be cuz I'm mostly a sarcastic prick lol
I thought calling me "Overlord" was a bit much. It is hard to read intent when you can't see the other person. If I am wrong, then i apologize. If he was being sarcastic, then he can go pound sand.

Wow. I am a dummy. Thanks Q. Sorry to the new guy. Guess i am in a defensive mood. Let me start over by saying welcome to the forum.

No doubt this is the strangest forum I've ever been, I just joined to ask a question about some hinges and get badly insulted instead... weird. I can only hope that this will give more visibility to my original question and finally get some results. Do Oakley temples with Twin Shock hinges flex beyond their normal open point, yes or not? If yes, how, since my 'Overlord' hinges do not have a spring or anything that allows them to flex (past their open point). Then again from the pictures I can see online, they look just the same, which makes me think that it is just hype from Oakley. I am unable to find any picture with 'Twin Shock' temples extended beyond their normal open point. The overall quality of these Oakley Overlord seems much inferior to my previous Oakley RX (can't remember the model but they are old). They almost feel like toy glasses. This and the hinges issues make me fear that I might have got fakes (purchased on ebay).

No doubt this is the strangest forum I've ever been, I just joined to ask a question about some hinges and get badly insulted instead... weird. I can only hope that this will give more visibility to my original question and finally get some results. Do Oakley temples with Twin Shock hinges flex beyond their normal open point, yes or not? If yes, how, since my 'Overlord' hinges do not have a spring or anything that allows them to flex (past their open point). Then again from the pictures I can see online, they look just the same, which makes me think that it is just hype from Oakley. I am unable to find any picture with 'Twin Shock' temples extended beyond their normal open point. The overall quality of these Oakley Overlord seems much inferior to my previous Oakley RX (can't remember the model but they are old). They almost feel like toy glasses. This and the hinges issues make me fear that I might have got fakes (purchased on ebay).

They will indeed flex past full open. I've done it on Jupiter factory lites plenty of times. They're just stiff is all.

Latest Posts

Back