• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Twoface Replacement lenses?

clk_2001

Oakley Beginner
Indonesia
So My twoface lenses were broken. And I'm planning to buy replacement Oakley lenses. So far I found a good deal on Oakley + shipping.

On the item description it says "9189-13".

When I ask the seller does it fit model 9256? The seller say it'll fit also.

My question is for this twoface lenses, are the 2 frame code above is using the same size lenses? Will these fit with my sunglasses?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The 9189 is standard fit and the 9256 is Asian fit. I have both Standard and Asian fit Twoface in my collection. I'll pull the lenses in the morning to see. On this type of frame I would believe the lens shape would change slightly to accommodate the narrow nose bridge of the Asian fit.

The 9189 is standard fit and the 9256 is Asian fit. I have both Standard and Asian fit Twoface in my collection. I'll pull the lenses in the morning to see. On this type of frame I would believe the lens shape would change slightly to accommodate the narrow nose bridge of the Asian fit.

Wow so it's not gonna fit the 9256 frame?
I just ordered it from the seller

Thanks MicahS let me know if you already check the lens

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled out an asian fit and standard fit from my collection and removed the lenses. The lenses do have a noticeable difference in size but the fit into both frames without any issue. The nose bridge appears to be where the difference in fits is taken up.

Also for guidance on how to replace them: How to Replace Oakley Twoface lenses?

20170407_113302.jpg
20170407_114001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled out an asian fit and standard fit from my collection and removed the lenses. The lenses do have a noticeable difference in size but the fit into both frames without any issue. The nose bridge appears to be where the difference in fits is taken up.

View attachment 327492 View attachment 327493

Hey MicahS

Thanks for the pic that is verry nice detail!

So the lens were a little bit different on the nose area(picture 1).

But they were fit to both frames without a gap?

Thank you

Nope, no gaps that I could see.

Well that's a relieving news.

Since I've already bought the lens and already shipped.

Now just need to get my lower rusty twoface frame repainted while waiting for those lens.

Many thanks MicahS for the effort checking up those 2 type of frame and lenses.

View attachment 332727
Finally got the lenses.

Still needs to repaint the lower frame LoL

hi, were you able to install the replacement lenses? just wondering how it went. when I did mine, I couldn't get one of the lenses to sit tightly. there was some slight front/back play on it

Back