• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ultimate book!

Next year will be 40 year anniversary the young lady at Apex that worked for Oakley said cool things are coming and she mentioned the new x metals. Anyway I can see a reason for the higher prices, they are making a small limited quantity of most of these Holiday items and the machinery used to make this stuff is expensive. Also the packaging mostly is first rate on these linited items.

And perhaps your right, I haven't seen one in person, felt the pages ect. It could be that this is a good value. But I am still sticking to what I said... There are plenty of other holiday releases this year that validate what I am saying...

Yeah, lots of expensive stuff this year, but I'm not sure what standard pricing for a carbon fibre carbiner or an HQ statue would be. I think this is what fans have been asking for however. I see so many people asking for cool, ultra limited stuff that use super premium materials with Elite-like status. Surely things like that won't come at a low price and we can't argue too much about pricing when Oakley gives us what we want.

The HQ display I don't have an issue with, I know what that value is (assuming it's metal) and that's a fair deal.

I think I'll bow out of this conversation though. I don't dispute Oakley makes amazing products. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I have an opinion that I believe in regarding some of this new release stuff that differs from some of you. Not right or wrong, just a difference of opinion. But to keep the peace I'll step out of this thread :)

But again the book looks awesome and I am sure it has some great behinds the scene info.

The book has some good stuff. It even has concept sketches of the Madman. There is also another pair in there which may be developed in the future. Most importantly, it has a picture of when Jim had (curly) hair and a moustache!

What I typically find disappointing about this style of book is the lack of solid accompanying text. I like to look at pretty pictures, sure, but I also like to read and I'd want to find out things I didn't already know. How is this one on including narrative?

Just picked up my copy of the book last night at the Pleasanton, CA Stoneridge Mall store. I've been told by two different store locations that each store has four copies of the book available now but they are not a numbered edition or anything like so really no limit on how many could ultimately be available. For the size, quality, and packaging, the $200 price is spot-on based on my personal experience with books of this type. I have not had a chance to read through all of the narrative just yet but it is largely anecdotal. Perhaps not quite the deep historical stuff you might be hoping for.

They also had the $300 limited edition carbon carabiner which is pretty damn cool in its custom display box etc.

The 'holiday' gift is the dog tag bottle opener they gave away back in the summertime so I scored one of those with my purchase and also grabbed a F&F coupon which is good for 12/4 - 12/14.

Just picked up my copy of the book last night at the Pleasanton, CA Stoneridge Mall store. I've been told by two different store locations that each store has four copies of the book available now but they are not a numbered edition or anything like so really no limit on how many could ultimately be available. For the size, quality, and packaging, the $200 price is spot-on based on my personal experience with books of this type. I have not had a chance to read through all of the narrative just yet but it is largely anecdotal. Perhaps not quite the deep historical stuff you might be hoping for.

They also had the $300 limited edition carbon carabiner which is pretty damn cool in its custom display box etc.

The 'holiday' gift is the dog tag bottle opener they gave away back in the summertime so I scored one of those with my purchase and also grabbed a F&F coupon which is good for 12/4 - 12/14.

Almost forgot..and not sure if I missed it in the thread but the HQ paperweight collectible looks pretty cool and will sell for $150. Supposed to be available any day now.

Latest Posts

Back