• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ultimate book!

I haven't owned an Assouline book before but from their rep it shouldn't be too fragile, I'd hope.

That sucks balls...

I have a fair-sized library as well (though these days I really only read e-books). For me, a key aspect of a collectable book is being a first edition. I'm hoping the copyright page on this denotes it as such.

View attachment 115618
So far I have read the first 5 pages and couldn't be happier with the quality! Pages are thick! Pictures are HD, the first part so far is history with bragging thrown in. Some cool statements and I have learned some stuff I didn't know before. Can't wait to get into it deeper! But this is the highest quality book I have ever owned, it's massive, heavy, leather, comes with a hard cover that's also black and leather. (Not sure if it's real leather but looks damn good) I ate my words on the book for sure! Worth every penny!!

So far I have read the first 5 pages and couldn't be happier with the quality! Pages are thick! Pictures are HD, the first part so far is history with bragging thrown in. Some cool statements and I have learned some stuff I didn't know before. Can't wait to get into it deeper! But this is the highest quality book I have ever owned, it's massive, heavy, leather, comes with a hard cover that's also black and leather. (Not sure if it's real leather but looks damn good) I ate my words on the book for sure! Worth every penny!!

I can't believe it wouldn't be real leather, from that publisher at that price.

Can you or somebody who has it already tell me what it says on the copyright page? I'm looking for if there's the words "first edition" and / or a sequence of numbers counting down. Maybe post a pic?

Can you or somebody who has it already tell me what it says on the copyright page? I'm looking for if there's the words "first edition" and / or a sequence of numbers counting down. Maybe post a pic?
If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll post later today

There is none of that in this book.

The first few pages where you would have that info don't have it. The page that would have it is in the back of the book and it's not there.

Would an ISBN number mean anything to you?

There is none of that in this book.

The first few pages where you would have that info don't have it. The page that would have it is in the back of the book and it's not there.

Interesting. I don't know if I've seen a proper book before without a title page and copyright info on the back of it. Well, it is what it is; I'm not cancelling my order over that small detail...

Would an ISBN number mean anything to you?

Nah that would be the same on all copies including reprints. But thanks.

Interesting. I don't know if I've seen a proper book before without a title page and copyright info on the back of it. Well, it is what it is; I'm not cancelling my order over that small detail...

Nah that would be the same on all copies including reprints. But thanks.
Yeah....nothing at all on the front like you would see on a normal book. Everything that looks like that is in the back on a single page and nothing there except the dedication and credits...then at the bottom is the copyright date but nothing about edition.

Yeah....nothing at all on the front like you would see on a normal book. Everything that looks like that is in the back on a single page and nothing there except the dedication and credits...then at the bottom is the copyright date but nothing about edition.

Thanks - and if they only ever print this single run, it doesn't matter... ;)

Maybe after I get my copy I'll contact Assouline asking about why they don't have that. Assuming I can stop cracking up about the name "ASSouLINE" long enough to do so... :lol:

Thanks - and if they only ever print this single run, it doesn't matter... ;)

Maybe after I get my copy I'll contact Assouline asking about why they don't have that. Assuming I can stop cracking up about the name "ASSouLINE" long enough to do so... :lol:
I noticed they are in Manhattan.

Latest Posts

Back