• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley VALVE: Fit And Coverage Vs. Splice Or Juliet

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Can anyone here speak to the coverage and fit of the Valve compared to the Splice and/or Juliet. I use those as examples because I've owned both and on my medium to large head I found the Splice sat too high and didn't provide enough lower coverage.....same is true of the Juliet but I can manipulate the fit with the smaller nosepieces and where I place the glasses on my nose. Simply put....the Juliet is about as small an orbital I can wear and be happy with the coverage....so where the does the Valve fall in relation to that.

It is closer to the Five 3.0 or squared in terms of fit. The Valve is narrower. Toward the nose but the frame is built in that if you can wear them all the way against your face it creates a seal around your eyes, it does me. With that theres no periphial vision with them i have to turn my head with any other frame i have there is some light leakage.

What color are you looking at picking up? Im really thinking of getting a black with back iridium to use forweed eating instead of my m-frame just for the seal, ive had grass shoot up under the lens of m-frame.

What color are you looking at picking up? Im really thinking of getting a black with back iridium to use forweed eating instead of my m-frame just for the seal, ive had grass shoot up under the lens of m-frame.

The valve is an excellent choice for what you plan on doing with it. Another option is the Gascan S. Both of theses frame have a great seal on my face. Plus they don't have any unobtainium earsocks or nosepads to loose and they can be quickly cleaned without worry about dropping a nosepad while working outside especially if your sweating....

I think you a lil confused as they do have unobtainium nosepads, i have never seen replacements though.

I stand corrected my friend.... Thanks for pointing that out....The valve's DO have nosepads! So I would probably go with the Gascan s.....

Latest Posts

Back