• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
The year is 2003, and Oakley’s eyewear lineup includes famed pairs like the Half Jacket, Eye Jacket, and Wiretap. And with the introduction of Oakley Valve sunglasses, the brand continues to push boundaries. But does this pair deliver?
Almost 20 years later, we’re reviewing the new Oakley Valve and why we think this frame is headed for extinction!

Original Release & History
Originally debuting in 2003, the Oakley Valve is one of two replacements for the discontinued Oakley Scar and Plate. While not an instant hit, Valve sunglasses did cement their place in history.
Unfortunately, Valve sunglasses were discontinued after only two years in 2005.
But in 2014, Oakley re-released the Valve with an all-new updated design. Although in the end, this design was also discontinued shortly after its release.
So this begs the question – What’s wrong with the Valve? Or has it just gotten the short end of the stick?
That’s why we’re reviewing the new Oakley Valve to see how this frame...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oakley-Valve-Sunglasses-999x1024.jpg
    Oakley-Valve-Sunglasses-999x1024.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 357
  • Oakley-Valve-Sunglasses-999x1024.jpg
    Oakley-Valve-Sunglasses-999x1024.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
No mention of the JPM edition, released in conjunction with Juan Pablo Montoya when he raced for Williams F1 I the late 90s/early 2000s. He was also instrumental for co designing the race wear including the race boots, flame proof under garments and suits :)

Bought a pair of Oakley’s for $260+. A short while later the lense developed a cobweb like surface. Spoke to Oakley, no help, I left them in my (fully tinted) car, in the shaded glove box.
I’ve left a lot of glasses in my car, protected or not, never had this problem except with Oakley. So much for the Thermonuclear thing. They’re crap. And the customer service is an absolute joke.

Bought a pair of Oakley’s for $260+. A short while later the lense developed a cobweb like surface. Spoke to Oakley, no help, I left them in my (fully tinted) car, in the shaded glove box.
I’ve left a lot of glasses in my car, protected or not, never had this problem except with Oakley. So much for the Thermonuclear thing. They’re crap. And the customer service is an absolute joke.
Was it a pair of Valves??

Looks to be a Radar EV Advancer.

The lens suffered from extreme heat.
Inside a car with tinted windows, in the glove box, in their case? Why don’t my Maui Jim’s do this? Or my Costs’s? Or numerous pairs of cheap, but polarized glasses?
I understand heat caused this, but I would expect these glasses to withstand common heat, just like my other glasses do - all of them.

Back