• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Virgin alert !

Emerald iridium is a good everyday lens for cloudy overcast conditions and it looks good in a crystal black frame as well. Gold iridium, Titanium and Tungsten iridium are all also good for overcast conditions.

Thanks for the really warm welcome all.

Im searching for a pair of Fuel Cells to start me off then (I've have tried on a pair before - and they felt pretty good)

What would be a great general purpose, day-to-day lense - bearing in mind its not always super-sunny here in the UK ? Is 'Black Iridium' lilkely to be too dark ?
First off, welcome
Black iridium is one of the darker tints that Oakley offers. Everyone's opinion is gonna be different as to wether you like a neutral or contrast lens, for what you're after I would say grey lenses as I prefer neutral based

Thanks for the really warm welcome all.

Im searching for a pair of Fuel Cells to start me off then (I've have tried on a pair before - and they felt pretty good)

What would be a great general purpose, day-to-day lense - bearing in mind its not always super-sunny here in the UK ? Is 'Black Iridium' lilkely to be too dark ?
I like VR28 Black Iridium Polarized for everyday use.:)

Ive found a few pairs of Crankshaft available (Which is supposedly similiar to Fuel Cell, and ok for a larger face) with a Black ink frame (Slightly see-through and fairly scratch-proof) with a Jade Iridium lense (Ok for everday use and medium light conditions) ????

That all sound right ? Im ready to hit the button on my first pair of Oakley's if so :grin:

Last edited:
Back