• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

oakley warrant watch

Rory Farrar

Oakley Beginner
watch was working when I put it up a few years ago. When I got it out today to sell it was dead so I took it and had battery plus put a new battery in it but it did not start working. any suggestions?? wasnt sure if there was something needed to "restart" the watch.

Do you have pictures of the movement when you open the watch from the back? I recently got one and the reason it doesn't work is because this metal piece that makes contact with the battery is broken.

Do you have pictures of the movement when you open the watch from the back? I recently got one and the reason it doesn't work is because this metal piece that makes contact with the battery is broken.
i have attached a pict with the back off. it does not start though even when i put pressure on the battery.

warrant watch.jpg

Are you able to take a close up picture of where the battery goes?

Here are two examples of how it looks:
The first one is a normal one and the second one it's a broken one. I would look in this spot first before trying to do anything else

Screenshot_20220401-155256_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220401-155109_Gallery.jpg

ok thanks. i will take it to a jeweler with a watch repair guy and see if they can fix it. i assume oakley isnt repairing watches any more since they are not selling them?

I would also check the brass coil next to the battery release lever to see if someone has slipped and marked the coil. It only has to be a small scratch for the coil to be damaged. This is a common issue with this type of movement.
Cheers Dean.

thanks.. when i took it to the jeweler he put another new battery in and it is working fine. can i sell this watch on this forum as well, and would you know a fair market value for one in good shape?

Back