AlanH

Oakley Enthusiast
Thanks for hosting this page. I just replaced both GMT batteries and the Detonator as well. Easy to do. Bought my self a supply of new batteries and a watch maintenance kit.

AlanH

Oakley Enthusiast
I went with Renata. And for the most part I have read positive reviews stating they are the go to battery supply for watches. Anyone have a battery brand preference and supplier that they recommend. Going to monitor these new batteries in the watches to make sure they is no issue. Maxell was in them when i replaced them all.

Steven Goldberg

“were talking about practice”
Premium Member
Whorlando
Hey guys, I’m actually going to put batteries in some of my watches. And I happened to notice this thread when I was looking for a battery for my minute machine. Figured this would be helpful for a lot of you guys who want to save a few bucks and do it yourself. Thanks @CarGuy For starting this thread

Jorzaky

Oakley Beginner
Australia
I went with Renata. And for the most part I have read positive reviews stating they are the go to battery supply for watches. Anyone have a battery brand preference and supplier that they recommend. Going to monitor these new batteries in the watches to make sure they is no issue. Maxell was in them when i replaced them all.
From my experience the Renata brand has been known to leak. I have been using Seiko & seizaiken which are meant to be manufactured be the same company. seiko instruments inc. Seiko Instruments Inc. Micro Energy Division

Last edited:

AlanH

Oakley Enthusiast
What size screw driver do i need to change the battery in an Oakley Judge?

kramme

Oakley Beginner
lol...

D.5 and D3 are CR2016
D1 and D2 are CR2025
Thanks for the battery info what a great help! This is useful to me as I have several D5s that I stopped wearing but I now want to use again. The next thing is how to open the watch.

Can anyone let me know what tool I need to order for this?

New Threads