• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Watch Battery Guide

Thanks for hosting this page. I just replaced both GMT batteries and the Detonator as well. Easy to do. Bought my self a supply of new batteries and a watch maintenance kit.

I went with Renata. And for the most part I have read positive reviews stating they are the go to battery supply for watches. Anyone have a battery brand preference and supplier that they recommend. Going to monitor these new batteries in the watches to make sure they is no issue. Maxell was in them when i replaced them all.

Hey guys, I’m actually going to put batteries in some of my watches. And I happened to notice this thread when I was looking for a battery for my minute machine. Figured this would be helpful for a lot of you guys who want to save a few bucks and do it yourself. Thanks @CarGuy For starting this thread

I went with Renata. And for the most part I have read positive reviews stating they are the go to battery supply for watches. Anyone have a battery brand preference and supplier that they recommend. Going to monitor these new batteries in the watches to make sure they is no issue. Maxell was in them when i replaced them all.
From my experience the Renata brand has been known to leak. I have been using Seiko & seizaiken which are meant to be manufactured be the same company. seiko instruments inc. Seiko Instruments Inc. Micro Energy Division

Last edited:
What size screw driver do i need to change the battery in an Oakley Judge?

lol...

D.5 and D3 are CR2016
D1 and D2 are CR2025

Thanks for the battery info what a great help! This is useful to me as I have several D5s that I stopped wearing but I now want to use again. The next thing is how to open the watch.

Can anyone let me know what tool I need to order for this?

Back