• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley watches

There awesome but like everyone else said there running out what is in stores is it and like all things rare Oakley there going to be harder and harder to find and get more expensive so if you find one you like pick it up before its to late
I seriously doubt that they will become more expensive. There's only one and @OakleyFrankFMJ owns all of them :lol:

So just wanted to throw some feelers out. I am an oakley fan, glasses, boots, shirts goggles.. What is the impression of their watches? How is the quality and durability as a casual wearing watch? I have luminox watches I wear all the time, citizen ecodrive and movado watches. Every time I'm on oakleysi I peek at their watches and say one day I might get one for my next watch purchase. I have not really done much research or asked anyone so now I am. Whats your impression?

From a technological perspective, unlike their sunglasses there's nothing special about them, very standard movements and materials. Technologically there's more innovation with some of the other brands you mentioned. They don't skimp, but there's nothing in them you can't find in dozens of other brands.

The appeal of Oakley watches is the aesthetic design. Which is significant; many of their designs are very distinctive and eye-catching. However the markup to the MSRP compared to the general market is more than the aesthetics justify.

Absolutely pick some up if you like them. But a general rule of thumb is don't pay more than 50% of MSRP, in many cases less; research the prices of recently sold items of that model beforehand.

From a technological perspective, unlike their sunglasses there's nothing special about them, very standard movements and materials. Technologically there's more innovation with some of the other brands you mentioned. They don't skimp, but there's nothing in them you can't find in dozens of other brands.

The appeal of Oakley watches is the aesthetic design. Which is significant; many of their designs are very distinctive and eye-catching. However the markup to the MSRP compared to the general market is more than the aesthetics justify.

Absolutely pick some up if you like them. But a general rule of thumb is don't pay more than 50% of MSRP, in many cases less; research the prices of recently sold items of that model beforehand.
AMEN!!! Great prospective!

I seriously doubt that they will become more expensive. There's only one and @OakleyFrankFMJ owns all of them :lol:
Collector pieces dont really have a lot to do with technologically advanced features since the technology now will be outdated soon enough. Really what is so advanced about OMatter? its sales rep jargon for plastic. Some pairs really hold their value and certainly increase. I think some of the more iconic, bracelet watches will be collectible.
XMetal? Totally collectible right? what about the half X? Its not really the tech, its the design.

Collector pieces dont really have a lot to do with technologically advanced features since the technology now will be outdated soon enough. Really what is so advanced about OMatter? its sales rep jargon for plastic. Some pairs really hold their value and certainly increase. I think some of the more iconic, bracelet watches will be collectible.
XMetal? Totally collectible right? what about the half X? Its not really the tech, its the design.
The bottom line is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I dont care how rare an item is or that its a special edition. Its the demand for the item. Period! RARITY DOES NOT MAKE SOMETHING VALUABLE!

Me personally think there is only one Oakley watch that will never lose its vaule no matter what and will steadily increase and thats the Holygrail FMJ. Even a beat up one brings top dollar as we have seen on ebay.

Me personally think there is only one Oakley watch that will never lose its vaule no matter what and will steadily increase and thats the Holygrail FMJ. Even a beat up one brings top dollar as we have seen on ebay.

Yeah, there will always be exceptions and the FMJ is likely one. As is the gold TB. And if the single God Watch ever hits the market...

Latest Posts

Back