• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley water? Not really...

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Lol - I've seen a few of these posted around here. Saw them in the grocery store today and picked a couple of them up.

20141217_181620.jpg

They're similar to a local product I drink called Crazy Water and I was prepared to write a review comparing the two. But...

I'd have to say I'm 99.99% sure these have no affiliation with the Oakley we know and love. Instead it's from a separate company called "Oakley Artesian Water" based in the Oakley, Utah. I contacted them to confirm and then I'll know 100%.

Tricky, how they make their logo so similar...

But, based on the fact it's not "real" Oakley, I'll ixnay the review... :D

These where given away at Oakley stores during Black Friday. Side note the water is not good taste wise!!!

No need to contact them, they are a different company. Oakley stores were giving were giving those out as freebie on Black Friday as bigdog425 said.

Plus Oakley no longer has to custom print labels for water they give out on Black Friday.

Last edited:
Hmmm, so I guess "our" Oakley doesn't have a problem with it.

Regarding the taste, they are high PH with lots of dissolved minerals, including a fair dose of bicarbonate.

Aside from reading the label you could actually taste the dissolved minerals and bicarbs? Lol

Oh yeah - had I actually posted the review I planned, that would have been described. The other brand I drink has similar pH but close to 3x the bicarbonate (natural, not added) and it has a definite, almost salty taste. The Oakley water is not as strong but it's still noticeable.

And one may note, on pretty much every bottled purified water, generic or otherwise, there is a disclaimer "minerals added for taste". Each brand uses a different mix so that's why it's good to switch it up now and then...

What a racket............selling water, lol

Lol yeah I remember when it first started happening, seemed ridiculous, now it's mainstream...

Wasn't there a movie that had a one-liner about that? Probably something with time travel. I can't recall...

Back