• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley will continue to impress with R2 release (2nd release for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found pics of fingerprints series (not interesting for me) and tailend (very ugly for me) but nothing more about metal, lifestyle or iconic models
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...

Again, if you read this thread (and the fingerprint series thread I believe?) in its entirety you will find mention (not pictures) of all of these frames. Simple searches will find all the AVAILABLE information and pictures on these pairs (within 5 minutes of searching I have found all the threads/pictures/information I was thinking of, including info on all the pairs/collections I had listed, and pictures of the Tailend, Jawbreaker, and fingerprint series). If it's not posted, then you aren't going to find it, it is really as simple as that... You may not find pictures of everything you are looking for, but you will find what information is available, I apologize but I really can't (well, I should say "won't") do anymore for you than that. Maybe the generous @kronin323 will hold your hand by posting links to all the available information as he sometimes does...

And for those that like idioms, I will keep em coming. "Beggars can't be choosers"!

Who have ask for more help? I've only said my thoughts about pics that i have found...take it easy, please

My apologies, no aggressiveness intended (just trying to help without doing the work for you)... I inferred based on this

but nothing more about metal, lifestyle or iconic models

That you were looking for more information (of which their is mention of the jawbreaker - pictures available, a third or LE metal, and other surf edition/uranium edition lifestyle/sports pairs) of which I had already tried to lead you to. That was all, so again my apologies if you felt I was attacking you, as this was not my intent. I just find all to often new members just ask for information rather than do a simple search... Let's just chalk it up to a language barrier thing?

Who have ask for more help? I've only said my thoughts about pics that i have found...take it easy, please

'I don't know anything about fingerprint series, surf collection or tailend? Could anybody put a photo of these frames or links to threads about these? Thanks!'

If that's not asking for help, I dunno what it is...

Bro, a simple forum search or even Google search may find you a lot of what you seek...

If the pictures aren't there anymore it might be because they were removed as per someone's request...

My apologies, no aggressiveness intended (just trying to help without doing the work for you)... I inferred based on this

That you were looking for more information (of which their is mention of the jawbreaker - pictures available, a third or LE metal, and other surf edition/uranium edition lifestyle/sports pairs) of which I had already tried to lead you to. That was all, so again my apologies if you felt I was attacking you, as this was not my intent. I just find all to often new members just ask for information rather than do a simple search... Let's just chalk it up to a language barrier thing?

Don't worry bro!! :)

It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of stuff comes up from them since the Madman / Badman pairs harkens back to their more wild sense of style. Here's hoping for more sci-fi, less hipster stuff.

I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on a pair of Badmans, or wait and see what the R2 releases bring? I read that it's going to have some new regular metal frames, so would they possibly be worth the wait compared to what's been going on with the Madman/Badman pairs (i.e the orbitals stripping off finishes, build quality complaints in early batches, etc.)

Last edited:
So I got to see the second release for 2015 coming up (R2) and nearly everything there is pretty sweet. I really think everyone here will like what's coming out. Want to post pics so bad ... but .... NEVER!!!!

You'll like it. I've noticed the big overseas forum sponsor here always tends to upload pics early - I'd stick to their site to find pics posted before anywhere else. I'm not posting it!

I see many of you know about 1/3 or even 1/2 of the new styles for R2 but I see a few that are awesome that haven't been talked about on the board. They're pretty sweet!

Also, some pretty cool colors coming your way for R2.
are you talking about romeo's??

Oakley has just posted this twitter "@Oakley: Años de esfuerzo, cientos de revisiones, y un diseño inspirado desembocan en el siguiente capítulo de #XMetal".
For me, what a waste of time those years, because the results are very bad compared to originals. It seems that oakley is going from good to bad in xmetals... However, other new frames like tincan carbon, carbon blade or tinfoil carbon are truly excellent, and show all technologies and knowledge that only Oakley can put in a pair of sunglasses. But they only publicize "new xmetals". The profit margins have to be very big, and for that luxotica has let to make them...

But they only publicize "new xmetals". The profit margins have to be very big, and for that luxotica has let to make them...
Please don't post things like that. They're pushing the two new "X-Metal Collection" pairs because they're the new flagship models. They are the wow-factor to get heads turning. Plenty of awesome pairs have gotten zero advertising from Oakley over the years in lieu of other flagship pairs.

Please don't post things like that. They're pushing the two new "X-Metal Collection" pairs because they're the new flagship models. They are the wow-factor to get heads turning. Plenty of awesome pairs have gotten zero advertising from Oakley over the years in lieu of other flagship pairs.

I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back