• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I keep seeing those too- do they exist? If so, is that a polarized lens?
They are listed somewhere as Prizm Road or Trail thats similar to a ruby. I dont recall which site I saw the color way listing on though. But the Ejector is up to 10 color options, I expect Wire Tap 2.0 and Savitar to grow in options as well. Both with SI options as well at some point.

Just got my Jade and Sapphire Prizm variants. Man the fit is everything I wanted the new Whisker to be but better. Love the fit and wrap around curve to the lens, frame sits great on my face and the spring bound hinges are always a plus.

Hope for a Ruby at some point. Now I need to grab the Savitar. Wish the color ways offered were more uniform. Jade is my favorite prizm because I live out in the country in the gulf coast of Alabama, so it takes my year round green leaves and grass and amplifies that. Sapphire does it pretty nice as well, but Jade is the top for that.

Hopeful more colorways for some of these with Jade and Ruby

What is a max prescription range for Wire Tap 2.0? The oakley.com listed this frame as available for -4.75, -3,75 sphere. My local shop selling Oakleys says it is only up to -4.5 max :(

@Chris A Hardaway Will you be able yo help me also with this? ^^
Wire Tap 2.0 sunglasses only go up to -4.00 to best of my understanding.

That being said Model OX5152 Wire Tap 2.0 ophthalmic frame should work well with your new higher rx.

That being said, I don't know if Oakley RX will do it. Just have them make some "crizal branded, essilor lenses" for them. If your optometrist doesn't know what Crizal brand, or Essilor brand is, RUN!!!! It's the largest brand of lenses in the world.

Wire Tap 2.0 sunglasses only go up to -4.00 to best of my understanding.

That being said Model OX5152 Wire Tap 2.0 ophthalmic frame should work well with your new higher rx.

That being said, I don't know if Oakley RX will do it. Just have them make some "crizal branded, essilor lenses" for them. If your optometrist doesn't know what Crizal brand, or Essilor brand is, RUN!!!! It's the largest brand of lenses in the world.
Given they use nylon wire to hold the lens in, and how my non-prescription pair (2 copies) were already getting stressed before even buying them, I wouldn't trust thick prescriptions in them. Least not until they bring back C5 wire to hold in the lens in a half frame.

Prizm maritime and Prizm road up

80DB988B-A81A-4128-BDC5-95E9B1C07AF7.jpeg
BBD13AEC-1DF0-4117-93BF-B50932427D60.jpeg

Back