• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Only took a few hours…looking back on other bigger frog collabs, it seems like these sold out quicker than some of the big grail pieces that everyone wants today. The main difference is today with all the different social media platforms, shops like MASH SF can really leverage that to expose their exclusive release.

If someone at Oakley is reading this, take this as a cue, and I'm sure I speak for everyone but numbers don't lie…

The MASH SFs had a better concept, better collab elements (etching, bag, etc.) and a DIFFERENT exclusive color way and sold out fast.

THIS is what sells….not something like the reverts, granted there was more reverts available and yes they will sell out eventually but they are literally a pair you can make at oakley.com except for the branding on the ear stem and exclusive bag.

@magswitch7

I couldn't agree more! This is all too true. The MASH pair was killer with a custom colorway. The Reverts, while special, were just so so to me. Oakley needs to keep up with something similar to the way of the past in Frogs with things that aren't recreated and different from standard pairs. I hope this is the beginning of a good return for Frogs!

@joshbrinzo you hit it exactly right. If it's a special release, really make it special. If it's well thought out and unique it will make a bigger and longer impression. That's what I think most collectors are after anyways.

Back