• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-Metal Half X LH hinge broken, Please Help!

Cokeisgood

Oakley Beginner
Howdy there folks. Well I'm sure you have heard this story again and again. But this is my last hope. I purchased a pair of new pair of X-Metal Half X Sunglasses off of EBay 19 months ago from a Oakley retailer in Miami Flordia. Well guess what, the left arm on....my $550usd pair of Oakley's broke just 5 weeks ago. This was the first pair of sunglass I have bought in my life. I have been wearing glass since I was 12 years old and on my 47th birthday (I saved for years) I was able to have Lasik eye surgery. I have been searching and searching online and have contacted Oakley direct and to no avail....they refuse to fix them. I'm a bit discussed at the fact they will not and do not have replacement parts for these sunglasses....just makes me sick to my stomach. I paid good hard money for my first pair of sunglasses ever. Please if there is someone out that that has a left arm that is not broken, or someone that know how to fix these please contact me.
Oakley...I'm not a happy consumer at all....very disappointed in the customer repair service and support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.

You have purchased a LONG since discontinued item that Oakley has stopped supporting a very long time ago.

The fact that you found it in a retailer is surprising too.

You can't be upset with Oakley for this honestly that they won't help you.

Either way once you meet our exchange requirements as @Wicked stated maybe those guys can help you out.

Welcome to the forum.

You have purchased a LONG since discontinued item that Oakley has stopped supporting a very long time ago.

The fact that you found it in a retailer is surprising too.

You can't be upset with Oakley for this honestly that they won't help you.

Either way once you meet our exchange requirements as @Wicked stated maybe those guys can help you out.
Rule #1 for Oakley Support: DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY.

But besides that point, :welcome:

Sent from Q's Note5

I concur Still surpised about the "retailer" on eBay
Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like some schmo (with 1000s of ratings) and not some big time retailer. Sure, some retailers sell on eBay (like Best Buy and snoop.com), there aren't that many.

But yeah, the OP is SOL through warranty support.

Sent from Q's Note5

Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like some schmo (with 1000s of ratings) and not some big time retailer. Sure, some retailers sell on eBay (like Best Buy and snoop.com), there aren't that many.

But yeah, the OP is SOL through warranty support.

Sent from Q's Note5
I concur once again. ;)

Oakley offered me $150.00 off of a new pair of glasses if I choose. I need to supply my receipt. This I do not have any more. These glasses were purchased 20 months ago now. So how many of us keep our receipts after 20 months. No one....! Was by PayPal and PayPal receipts do not go back farther than 1 calendar year. It would be nice if someone was able to maybe 3d print a new hinge or even a company that could make these hinges and sell them. I see many people that have the same problem. Even given the age....Oakley could sub contract the parts for repairs.....Win win for everyone....This could be done to many Oakley lines of Glasses.

So how many of us keep our receipts after 20 months. No one....!

Wrong ... A lot of us do considering Oakley has a 24 month Guarentee ...

Oakley could sub contract the parts for repairs.....Win win for everyone....This could be done to many Oakley lines of Glasses.

I'll disagree again ... The reason they ditched this particular line, AND the reason they ditch most pairs is for cost effectiveness ...

Why would you pay some other company a retainer, pay some engineers and designers to create that one piece that may or may not fail on a pair that a handful of people may still on in the entire world ... A pair that was made in 2008!!!

Oakley will rather give you 25%-50% off a new pair and take even MORE of your money than support legacy pairs ... Sadly!

Business wise, it makes sense

Company wise, they couldn't care less either! And they're not gonna roll over and cry if 20 people per year 'swear to God' they'll never buy a pair of Oakleys again ...

Because a percentage of those people will go back after a while anyways ... They're not here to be our friend, they're here to sell glasses and make stacks!

@OakleyFrankFMJ and @QLR1 are to be our friend tho! There so loveable! ;)

Back