• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-metal Romeo 1 Authentic?

Are these authentic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rudy

Oakley Beginner
Hi, New here.

I always wanted the Oakley Romeo 1, but never sprung for it because I thought they were expensive and figured I would lose them but almost a decade later I regret never buying one.
So I bought one on ebay and I want to confirm it is not a fake with people who are likely to know.

oakleyromeo1-serial.JPG

oakleyromeo1-front.JPG

oakleyromeo1-back.JPG

oakleyromeo1-left.JPG

oakleyromeo1-right.JPG

I'm not a Romeo expert by any means, but the stress-cracked and beaten lenses and the missing Unobtainium on the stems... You'd think a fake would be in better condition.

Thanks, wanted to get some opinions before I left feedback on ebay for the seller.

I took the ear socks off and could not get the new ones on, it shipped with what looks to be an authentic replacement set. I did not have any hand sanitizer to slip the new pair on.

Maybe it looks bright because the light source is a 36 inch aquarium LED light above it which is powerful enough to grow plants.

I will probably buy a 6 pack of the revant lenses does anyone have any comments on those?

I will probably buy a 6 pack of the revant lenses does anyone have any comments on those?
Yeah, they're ****.

Stick around here until you can get access to the exchange area, members post cut Oakley lenses (Oakley lenses made for a bigger pair cut to fit the Romeo) for around $100.

Well what exactly is bad about them? Do they look bad, are they too dark, unclear, bad fit etc? It does not bother me if the lenses are not original as long as they work decent given lenses just get ruined and apparently this frame likes the break them.

Well what exactly is bad about them? Do they look bad, are they too dark, unclear, bad fit etc? It does not bother me if the lenses are not original as long as they work decent given lenses just get ruined and apparently this frame likes the break them.
You can go to the custom thread and get yourself a pair of lenses to cut from:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/cutting-lenses-what-works.12332/

Or you can go to Dr Chop or the X-Man to get it custom done by them. I bought a pair and had an optometrist do it.

Latest Posts

Back