• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-Metal Romeo Plasma Fire Identification/Rating

jbrukardt

Oakley Beginner
Good evening all,

I have a pair of Romeo 1 Plasma Fire's that I am looking to rate and identify fully.

They have a 4 digit serial #, the original box with sticker, and matching serial (005625).

To the best of my checking, they dont have any spiderweb cracking on the lenses due to the screw issue.

If I can find enough about them, they seem very similar to the ones offered in this thread, but with an even lower serial: Sold - Romeo Plasma

I'm the original owner. Bought them back when i was a teenager, wore them once, and put them away in a box until i found them recently.

Here's a bunch of pics:

Romeo

Yep, plasma/ fire first generation Romeo.

Glasses look good from what i see in the pics. Spidercracks can be tricky but just pit the lenses up against a light source and look near the upper joints while checking different angles. To inspect the frame, just like a scuff on a mettal watch, check for abrasions and make note of them. The tips of the stems can also look shinier from use and may have the finish worn down.

Box looks worn, and in fair shape but that does affect the value somewhat but not much. Make sure to note if original foam is intact and not fallong apart and if the original papers and spare pieces are included as well as condition. Finally the coin flaps of the box should be noted as well.

That should cover you for giving a fair valuation/description for your pair.

Yep, plasma/ fire first generation Romeo.

Glasses look good from what i see in the pics. Spidercracks can be tricky but just pit the lenses up against a light source and look near the upper joints while checking different angles. To inspect the frame, just like a scuff on a mettal watch, check for abrasions and make note of them. The tips of the stems can also look shinier from use and may have the finish worn down.

Box looks worn, and in fair shape but that does affect the value somewhat but not much. Make sure to note if original foam is intact and not fallong apart and if the original papers and spare pieces are included as well as condition. Finally the coin flaps of the box should be noted as well.

That should cover you for giving a fair valuation/description for your pair.

Great, thats very helpful, thank you. No shininess at all on the ear stems or abrasions. Ill go over them carefully in good light to make sure though.

The box is definitely the weakest point with the tears on the coin flaps and some creases. The foam is intact, but compressed and aged. I feel it would tear easily if pressed.

All spare pieces (6 nose pieces in original baggy) are available. Any idea what paperwork should be included? I unfortunately dont recall what came with it from almost 20 years ago, and I dont have any in the box, just the coin.

warranty, warranty card. pickup the foam liner. it will probably just crumble and make a big mess. put it in a ziploc and clean out the disintegrated foam particles.

welcome to the forum - nice looking romeo you have there.

replacement foam is easily available and will enhance the overall appearance of a complete set. see ebay item 252631745561.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk