• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I am about to reply that I bought 3 of these things and got one code... see if I can score 2 more codes... I will feel a ton better about how much I ended up paying and pass one of the codes on to the fellow brother I sold one to so he can to. We will see just how far I can dig ...
So here is my reply.... we shall see....

"Hello and Thank you

That code makes me feel after I use it I will have spent the original value of maybe what the Xeus should be. Do not get me wrong... I LOVE THE XEUS and I have been wearing one of them since the day I got it.

Just so happens I love them so much I bought 4 of them. One came in with a bad creak in the arm that almost snapped in sound and the box was damaged so I returned it and got a full refund. The second I am wearing with pride, the third is being displayed only, and a fourth for a good friend who is coming to visit that rides bikes and its his birthday coming up.

It would really make me feel like I am back good with you guys if I could get 30% codes off the other two I kept as it is a very wide opinion upon many owners this Xeus release was overpriced by about $100-$150 for what we got. Had it been another 500 or even 1000 piece release $470 would have been more acceptable and honestly I am happy you did not limit them down so more people could have them. I hope as well you're thinking to do a BRONZE next year and make the Olympic theme complete. I bought 3 of the Gold as well directly from you so I am well invested in this model.

As another note... I have noticed the pair I am wearing allot has developed a creak in its arm like the one I sent back... I am not going to send them back but just wanted to let you know. Also, a repeating complaint, and this happened to another one I kept is the boxes and the glasses themselves showed up with finger smudges and I am not talking one finger print but like the whole top half of one side was finger smudged on the lens. Allot of people have reported the same issue on the Xeus thread on Oakley Forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read my full feedback...

A Valued customer,

You can see my orders here
H0033.....

My original Xeus also creak a bit on the arms. No big deal. The R1 is metal and doesn’t give away like the plastic does. But the creak goes away after wearing them for a while.
So I backed the screws out just a touch 1/16 a turn and the creak is gone for now. They were honestly not torqued real tight just needed a little touch of a turn. Once I did that and worked the arm they popped one more time and now are smooth as silk... Just note to anyone else who does this... I am not sure about the quality of the screw... it almost felt plastic like and due to my blindness I tried using a T4 first then took a picture and realized they were hex. The T4 actually left a mark and I did not put hardly any pressure on it. In other words, use the right tool and be careful not to strip the head....

Mine came in with the bottom of one arm having some silver paint missing a bit. I sent them a long email about how these aren’t $470 pair and the quality control isn’t good at all and before Lux it was much better. They just replied with I’m sorry for your inconvenience and we are sending you a new set. Got them in the mail on Saturday. All is good. But never asked for me to return the other pair.
Spare parts! And potential donor lenses.

Back