• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley XX Metal

Yeh sending in the ear stems too. The serial number will be kept on also after the refinish. Yeh the orbitals, stems and nose bridge will all be refinished

Great - I asked because you had removed the earstems; you normally don't need to do that for him, just the lenses and rubbers.

And he'll replace the earstem washers, too, if they need it, as part of the tuneup service. For him to do that if you have the earstems removed, though, you'll need to make sure to include the hinge screws. And I recommend doing that - reinstalling earstems and getting those washers aligned is a pain in the @ss...

I know all about replacing the washers. Brought some line gear ones but they are too thick. Nightmare

Yeah, the LG ones are thicker, but don't replace OEM with LG 1:1 - OEM is two above and two below; for LG, use 1 above and 1 below, it's actually a little easier...

Yeh used one above and one below but even then they are a real struggle to get in. You have to stretch the frame to get them in. So I've ordered some others off a fellow member on here

this mean the serial will be engraved after repaint?
He will mask the where the number appears and paint around it. Same as he does on refinishing except that it is more prominent on repaints because the original etching area is unpainted and appears as original.

this mean the serial will be engraved after repaint?

When you fill out his order form, there is a checkbox for "preserve serial?" if you want him to keep it. Like CarGuy said, you end up with a small rectangle of original finish with the serial in it.

Though I'm uncertain what value a serial has once you've refinished a pair to something different.

Back