• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys along side the other obsessions

@supersharp thanks for the Devin Thomas link. The work he has done and patterns in the Damascus steel are gorgeous.

No prob. Devin Thomas is really nice, but check out Robert Eggerling damascus it's even nicer, but more expensive. The mosaic damascus patters get even wilder and more expensive.

Home

I'd like to see some X-Metal frames made of Damascus and matching knife to go with it. It's nice to dream. Lol.

Being jealous of u Sir:)
Yeah i meant Desert Eagles before
Unfortunately in Greece someone can only acquire 9mm or 22 only after acquiring shooting licence and participate in years shooting local tournaments.They allow u only certain number of shots for training.Sucks
I dont own any handgun cause at the moment iam only involving with clay shooting thus the 12 gauge shotguns i have but i would love to buy some.
Unfortunately caliber 45 and rest except the 2 mentioned above are forbidden so one has to buy it and keep it illegaly home
I do have fired .45 Desert Eagle of a friend both with stock barrel and the extra extended one.it is really an experience i will never forget.This beast has an enormous power but of course due to its huge recoil it is not as accurate in multiple shots as a lower caliber.I cannot imagine what stopping power a .50 Desert Eagle could have
I also agree with u that shooting and accurancy plus the perfection of moves someone must make especially in moving targets such as clays makes this activity so great and challenging.
I think you meant .44, not .45

As far as I'm aware they only come in .357mag, .44mag, and .50AE. And due to case length issues getting specials to feed in the 357 and 44 is tricky.

The gun also chews up brass worse than anything else I've seen.

I think you meant .44, not .45

As far as I'm aware they only come in .357mag, .44mag, and .50AE. And due to case length issues getting specials to feed in the 357 and 44 is tricky.

The gun also chews up brass worse than anything else I've seen.
You are right Ross ;)sorry type error i meant .44

No prob. Devin Thomas is really nice, but check out Robert Eggerling damascus it's even nicer, but more expensive. The mosaic damascus patters get even wilder and more expensive.

Home

I'd like to see some X-Metal frames made of Damascus and matching knife to go with it. It's nice to dream. Lol.
Thanks again! The only problem with the X-Metal/Damascus Steel is the weight. I think you would need to see the plastic surgeon for a titanium nose bridge implant to carry a frame like that :lol:

Being jealous of u Sir:)
Yeah i meant Desert Eagles before
Unfortunately in Greece someone can only acquire 9mm or 22 only after acquiring shooting licence and participate in years shooting local tournaments.They allow u only certain number of shots for training.Sucks
I dont own any handgun cause at the moment iam only involving with clay shooting thus the 12 gauge shotguns i have but i would love to buy some.
Unfortunately caliber 45 and rest except the 2 mentioned above are forbidden so one has to buy it and keep it illegaly home
I do have fired .45 Desert Eagle of a friend both with stock barrel and the extra extended one.it is really an experience i will never forget.This beast has an enormous power but of course due to its huge recoil it is not as accurate in multiple shots as a lower caliber.I cannot imagine what stopping power a .50 Desert Eagle could have
I also agree with u that shooting and accurancy plus the perfection of moves someone must make especially in moving targets such as clays makes this activity so great and challenging.
You think it bad in Greece! The only handgun you can legitimately own in the UK is a CO2 pea shooter. I understand the need to control it but after the Dunblane and the knee jerk reaction that ensued, banning anyone from owning them. It meant that that form of pastime was lost.

Last year I finally had the opportunity to have a go with some proper hand held artillery. Whilst in Vegas, my son and I went to a range and had some fun!:D:vinsent::hunter:

I tell ya, ... the doors to the actual "freedoms" we have that opened once I left F'n New York & settled down here in Tennessee were a fantastic relief. None of that friggin' only 7 rounds in a magazine BS & a nice, liberal Castle Doctrine that even extends to your friggin' car!

GF doesn't want to carry - open or concealed - like I do, but she can still follow some guidelines & have something in her vehicle when she drives home at 11:30pm after work when she wants.

Nice. Who makes the fixed blades?

I'm thinking of adding an S30V Spyderco like the PM2, or Military to my collection. Or if I find a G10 Police for a good price.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Desert Eagle is definitely 44 mag. This is my Mark XIX with Carbon blades. It doesn't chew up brass if you use the correct grain ammo. The cheaper stuff tends to not fire properly and the gas pin will get stuck and shear unless cleaned after each time shooting.

Nice. Who makes the fixed blades?

Andy Roy (Fiddleback forge) great guy as well as a brilliant knife maker.

Both the PM2 and Military are great, I prefer the Military if the size isn't an issue

Back