• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys At The Olympic Games

Looks more like a '90's green to me.
80's green was more 'Day glow'

Yea I dunno, just more of the rumor mill on what the exact color is. Whether it's "enamel green" as mentioned before, or this from the place card. The place card lends more credibility over the enamel speculation and it's printed color doesn't reflect that we current see in pictures is the main thing. Their printed rendering on many colors do not match the finished product in large in the last couple years so until we have in hand it's really hard to say anymore for anything outside of the solid black, red, etc.

So it may be that enamel is the actual color used while 80's green is obviously just the reference to it all. All I know is I want a pair of Radarlocks and possible Racing Jacket in that color or a retina burn. Maybe we will see this color in some Tour De France related stuff this summer.:drinks:

I think I saw a British snowboarder wearing Nike goggles of all things
The Nikes are a Dragon Goggle that Nike co-Brand. There:s a few with them. Most noteworthy is Gus Kenworthy.

And I believe Oakley is a sponsor, so the other brands of goggles are blacked out, at least on the strap.
I don't think Oakley is a sponsor. All the goggles have logos on them. But I think there are branding restrictions for the size of the logos. That's why the Oakley logo is so small )to people who ski or board the icon looks odd. It's usually elongated.
I've seen Smith, Dragon/Nike, Anon (i think they're using M1 and M2 logos)

Some of the woman snowboarders and skiers are wearing goggles with a Roxy logo on the side but they kind of look like Oakley goggles anyone know about this. And Sage Kotsenburg was wearing the Nike as well

I think Oakley made a huge marketing mistake.

People go crazy during the Olympic games, wanting the gear that the athletes have. To limit the product and make it exclusive for athletes only, they are missing out big time on potential sales

I think Oakley made a huge marketing mistake.

People go crazy during the Olympic games, wanting the gear that the athletes have. To limit the product and make it exclusive for athletes only, they are missing out big time on potential sales

On the flipside of that coin, remember you would have to make the inventory for those products months or a year in advance. What do you do with a Lindsay Vonn Olympic Edition, since she had to skip it? Or a Shaun White, he didn't medal, how well would that have sold?

Oakley has always had great marketshare in the Olympics.

On the flipside of that coin, remember you would have to make the inventory for those products months or a year in advance. What do you do with a Lindsay Vonn Olympic Edition, since she had to skip it? Or a Shaun White, he didn't medal, how well would that have sold?

I see your point, but I wasn't thinking of specific, signature, pieces. Even if they did do them that way, Shaun White probably would've sold based on the assumption that he would medal or that people like his style, etc. I think just making the green colored frame available would've been the right thing for them to do.

Even more flip side... How do you think he athletes feel? They're frigging Olympians... Don't hey deserve something special? (Especially if the don't medal)

And/Or Oakley can really destroy us by making us wait a little bit and making a ridiculous limited (250-500 ish) release with these retro green frames... They'll sell like hot cakes... Oakley doesn't need money...they just need awesome advertising to continue to stay relevant !

Back