• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys Electronics Eyewear

I would be interested if it could stream music also. It's listed on Oakley's site now, but there isn't much info.

Looks like they shoved a Path XL lens in an EV frame.

I'm gonna have to be in the skeptical bunch. Data and logistics are already handled (way more) elaborately with existing head units (SRM, Quarq, etc); coaching at the pro level is probably more strategic not to mention there's always going to be conflicting philosophies.

I also have to go with the stance of finding these things to pointlessly obstruct vision and add weight for the typical cyclist. It's complicating what should be a rather simple framework in cycling. But I get that there's this...niche of "data acquisition for regular people's workouts" that's been taking off. Really trying not to offend anyone. However I will say: there's always gonna be someone out there — maybe closer to old age, maybe had a rougher start — performing without anything on their wrist or any screen to look at.

Only defense for such products I can agree with is if they're being used as navigation purposes. If you need a monotone voice to motivate or structure your workout, I'm not sure what to say...

I'm gonna have to be in the skeptical bunch... there's always gonna be someone out there — maybe closer to old age, maybe had a rougher start — performing without anything on their wrist or any screen to look at.
I'm right there with ya...
Currently using an old GPS, but only for speedo/odo functions, and very occasionally for navigation when I take my bike to new ground.
It's going to be very difficult to develop a HUD style device, as the distance between the screen to the eyes doesn't allow the focus required by "old" eyes.
I do not like a male voice whispering to my ears.
That'd get me to sprint!

hmmm interesting - not with that frame but maybe the right step - thank you for sharing!

hopefully they will move forward with that "new" ideas . . .

Latest Posts

Back