• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys For Big Heads

Which glasses for big head

• Batwolf

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Oil rig

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Antix

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Fuel cell

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Flak jacket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Not having an O store or vault within 3 hours of me ive had to buy and resell just to "try a style on" which really sucks. I want to try a Jupiter squared as I love the style but the Holbrook was tight. The PB1 i just sold fit me but didn't look right. I think peoples heads are large in different areas making some frames a go and some a no for us big headed creatures.
Creatures :lolsign:
No O shop within a couple of hours of me either. I do have a Sunglass Hut where I can try on some frames. Ugh.

Thankfully I have a big head, but it's funny shaped and I have narrow temples. So I can physically wear just about any Oakleys, but they barely ever fit well.

What are some of the wider wire frames? I tried on a crosshair 2 and the hinges flexed outward more than I liked. Afraid could have caused some issues.
Inmate, Deviation, A Wire, Why series, Nano series, Warden.
All fit my big head fine. It helps that they all have a nice curvature to the ear-stem.
The Crosshair series frames are a tad snug on me.

7 5/8 (23 7/8 inch) Inmate, Plaintiff, Deviation, Scalpel, Twoface (little tight), Flak/Half Jacket, Hijinx, Juliet (only without temple shocks. with small size 25 temple shocks, physically can't fit glasses to head). Square style frames very good for big heads(with rounded shape). A-Wire fit ok, but looks too small on my head.

Finally went to the oakley store and bought some offshoots. I tried the eye patch and they didn't fit well and the big tacos didn't look good on me. I was not pleased with the service though. I had to pay $160 for them instead of $130 because they were "custom". There was nothing custom about them just the standard matte black with grey lens and the black oakley bag. He said certain glasses are all considered custom even though they aren't custom. Also he put them in the lens box so they barley fit and no paper work in the box, only a receipt. So I would never, ever buy from the oakley store again. Should have just refunded my batwolfs and bought online again.

Finally went to the oakley store and bought some offshoots. I tried the eye patch and they didn't fit well and the big tacos didn't look good on me. I was not pleased with the service though. I had to pay $160 for them instead of $130 because they were "custom". There was nothing custom about them just the standard matte black with grey lens and the black oakley bag. He said certain glasses are all considered custom even though they aren't custom. Also he put them in the lens box so they barley fit and no paper work in the box, only a receipt. So I would never, ever buy from the oakley store again. Should have just refunded my batwolfs and bought online again.
That is a crock of bull. U probably should have bought them online after trying them on at the store.

Last edited:
That is a crock of bull. U probably should have bought them online after trying them on at the store.

Yeah I should have but I didn't realize they would do that. I didn't realize the box thing until after I got home. I just paid the extra at the time because the store was packed and I was frustrated because I had to do all this paperwork to exchange the batwolfs and wait in line forever. I feel like I got screwed now but lessen learned I guess.

I sent them an email. I'll keep you guys posted on the response. Also I just ordered a pair of eyepatch 2 polarized for $85 at oakley vault. com. I almost bought these at the store but was unsure on how they looked on me. So glad I waited. They fit well so even if they don't look great they will be a good pair to keep in my boat.

Back