• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley's for driving screen-less car

mrhatmostly

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
Looking for advice on wearing Oakley's in a car with no windscreen. Wondering if anyone is currently wearing Oakleys on motorbikes etc? I watched a video that discussed safety standards and it seems whilst Oakleys don't meet the standard, they are highly safe as they are not glass.
Thanks in advance
Jon

Air Brake MX?
oakley_airbrake_mxw_clear_750x750.jpg

I will still stick by the racing jackets with the gaskets and head strap. oakley needs to come back out with a vehicle style like the jackets with the gaskets again

I wear a pair of Holbrook Mix’s while riding my bike and haven’t had any issues. I’m not riding at any crazy high speeds or anything though; mainly just a cruiser. The ear stems with the O matter on them provide enough grip to keep them on my face good and the frame size is big enough to keep the wind out of my eyes. Just my 2 cents although not worth much I know.

I wear a pair of Holbrook Mix’s while riding my bike and haven’t had any issues. I’m not riding at any crazy high speeds or anything though; mainly just a cruiser. The ear stems with the O matter on them provide enough grip to keep them on my face good and the frame size is big enough to keep the wind out of my eyes. Just my 2 cents although not worth much I know.
I don’t know how you ride with those without your eyes drying out. I know that when I had my gascans they were good but still would allow enough air for my eyes to get really dry. Maybe I’m just weird lol

They cover enough of my face to block enough of the wind so that my eyes don’t dry out. Heck maybe I’m the weird one...... Like I mentioned above, I don’t ride real fast or anything; I just go for weekend cruises around town so really my opinion may not even be valid here haha.

They cover enough of my face to block enough of the wind so that my eyes don’t dry out. Heck maybe I’m the weird one...... Like I mentioned above, I don’t ride real fast or anything; I just go for weekend cruises around town so really my opinion may not even be valid here haha.
I actually ride the exact same way. Just a mostly chill ride and around town.

Back