• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys For Yard Work

VL is the brand name, which just happens to have 'lenses' in it, so you're technically still correct to say 'VL lenses' since it's the lens product from Visionary Lenses.

Here's a pair I have that were used as safety glasses. Don't look, you might cry a little. I have the nose piece taken off, but I've used them in this condition when I'm running a grinder or doing something else that throws off sparks and I don't have the full face shield handy.
Lol, i was just beeing a goof.

So are those VL lenses or Oakley that you use on the grinder? (also you wanna cry? Check out my Why 3 post. $375 glasses destroyed by...well...NOT wearing them.)http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...phic-images-will-make-you-cry.html#post113601

I don't own any aftermarket lenses. Those are Oakley Ballistic Strike in grey. Not exactly a $3-400 pair, but not cheap either.

I buy my pairs to use. I have a set with $250 invested (in one frame and lens) that are about 5-6 years old. The polarized lens has a couple small cracks, a minor scratch or two and the edges are starting to peel a bit. I've worn them for hundreds of hours. They've seen everything, including bullet fragments and rocket exhaust. I'll be a little upset when they finally die, but I'll likely shell out another $150 for a new lens when that happens and wear the frame into another decade.

If it's a brand new pair and a flying rock takes out the lens in the first hour I own them I'll gladly buy another to replace them. They did their job. Accidents happen, things wear with use, and in my opinion if you want your glasses to look as good as the day you bought them forever you better leave them in the case.

Back