• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line

I'll be checking out the Daily next week with the mad/badman release.

Maybe I'll check out the others, too. I'm particularly interested in the road and trail ones, wonder how well the road ones would serve as driving lenses, especially in inclement weather.

As it happens i need a new set of lenses for my Flaks.. might just have to go grab a pair of Daily Prizms
Picked them up for my flaks myself, really like how they look in all lighting

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great! Do you know the light transmission %? And have you compared them to the Road and Trail versions?
I don't know exact numbers but I know they are much darker then a 00 red for example, daily is an all around lens, but I used it all weekend and it has been snowing and they actually do work well, it blocks out the snow increases the road colors and lines so those are more visible, trail is only good when it is cloudy, bad weather or when it's extremely shady, they would be terrible for direct sunlight, the rate of transmission is extremely high for those and road seems like a middle ground of +red and 00red in transmission and color but I do like that lens but do not like that it is non-polarized for now but overall I love prizm daily just can't wait for the snow to go away and finally have some sun out to really test them fully

Does the Prizm Daily have an iridium coating? How does it do on the "can you see my eyes" test? (depends on the frame of course, how much light it lets in behind the lens...)

Does the Prizm Daily have an iridium coating? How does it do on the "can you see my eyes" test? (depends on the frame of course, how much light it lets in behind the lens...)

yes the prizm daily does have an iridium coating, the flaks from what what I've noticed seem like a darker tint then the holbrooks, tinfoil, carbon blade and so on and also I really haven't tested the "can you see my eyes" test yet, maybe tomorrow

Oakley has told me that light transmission of prizm daily polarized is 14%. I think it doesn't have iridium coating and you can see the eyes...

I don't know exact numbers but I know they are much darker then a 00 red for example, daily is an all around lens, but I used it all weekend and it has been snowing and they actually do work well, it blocks out the snow increases the road colors and lines so those are more visible, trail is only good when it is cloudy, bad weather or when it's extremely shady, they would be terrible for direct sunlight, the rate of transmission is extremely high for those and road seems like a middle ground of +red and 00red in transmission and color but I do like that lens but do not like that it is non-polarized for now but overall I love prizm daily just can't wait for the snow to go away and finally have some sun out to really test them fully
So have you tried on the Trail version? I was hoping for something a bit darker (like the classic VR28 they used to recommend for mountain biking).
And is the Road more like a G40 or a G30 in your description? Thanks

Looks great! Do you know the light transmission %? And have you compared them to the Road and Trail versions?
I called Oakley today to find out. Here's what they told me:

Daily Prizm Polarized: 14%
Road Prizm Polarized: 20%
Trail Prizm Polarized: 36%
Baseball Infield and Outfield were both in the 20's or low 30's, I don't remember for sure.

The customer service rep also mentioned that eventually, they "may" have non-polarized versions available, but it sounded like she may have just been guessing on that.

Latest Posts

Back