• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys on Amazon

@vmaniqui I think the bag is like that because they are part of the SI standard issue line. I found a bunch of them online and some people trying to buy the same cloth in this forum. I got mine yesterday and I believe they are legit.
thanks. glad to know. I have no idea about the standard contents. then I can keep it. about to return it but nice to get info as I really like it. this is my first DWP lens. :)

Of course we all want to avoid fakes at any cost... however, there is recourse (the return) should the need arise. It is up to you if you want to go there. I've bought some stuff from amazon and I've been happy. However, I also bought something from a third party seller on Amazon (third party fulfilled and shipped)... I wasn't satisfied with it and I returned it. What I want to say is that you won't know the product is legit or not unless you buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd share my experience. I recently received a pair of Turbine Rotor DWP that was shipped and sold by Amazon. Upon opening the box I noticed a substantial amount of visible dust all over the glasses, looked to me like the type of dust left by paper towels.

Next I noticed a scratch on both sides of the frame.

Next I put them on and went outside and was very disappointed.

I suspect I received a returned product with a swapped fake lense.
Thought I'd post an update.

The lenses were real, I wear them everyday, but still believe they were a return.

I'm taking a chance and buying a pair of Flak 2.0 XL in Trail Torch from Amazon from Black Flag Outfitters. I'm nervous that they might be fake because of the low price ($99).

I previously bought a pair of Ray Ban Aviators and Oakley Holbrooks, and the box was crushed because they were shipped in a flimsy envelope.

I'm taking a chance and buying a pair of Flak 2.0 XL in Trail Torch from Amazon from Black Flag Outfitters. I'm nervous that they might be fake because of the low price ($99).

I previously bought a pair of Ray Ban Aviators and Oakley Holbrooks, and the box was crushed because they were shipped in a flimsy envelope.
I’ve bought 3 pair from Black Flag and they are all legit. Lenses are definitely real. I have bought some EJ redux, flak xlj, and have a pair of siphons coming tomorrow. If they are fake they are the best fakes ive ever seen.

I got my Flak pair today. There was no warranty card in the box. The glasses look pretty good, but the lenses were smudged out of the box. I compared them to a pair at the Oakley Store: the store model says “Made in Italy” on the right stem, but mine just say “CE”. I compared the model number etched into the left stem, and it matches Oakley’s number.

I’ve read a bunch of guides on spotting fakes. I think this pair looks legit, but I’m wondering if it had been sold to someone else since the warranty card is missing and the lenses were smudged.

I really like the Trail Torch lens.

I got my Flak pair today. There was no warranty card in the box. The glasses look pretty good, but the lenses were smudged out of the box. I compared them to a pair at the Oakley Store: the store model says “Made in Italy” on the right stem, but mine just say “CE”. I compared the model number etched into the left stem, and it matches Oakley’s number.

I’ve read a bunch of guides on spotting fakes. I think this pair looks legit, but I’m wondering if it had been sold to someone else since the warranty card is missing and the lenses were smudged.

I really like the Trail Torch lens.
IDK, I just got my DWP Siphons in and they were in perfect condition. I guess it’s just the luck of the draw on what you receive. Stickers where still on lenses, box wasn’t crushed, all the paperwork was in the box. Im sure they do resell items that have been returned though and thats sounds like what you received.

Latest Posts

Back