• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys on the job

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
I'm an electrician that has done a lot of ground up projects, that start with just an empty lot or field. But that also means that there is no building, structure. or tree to hide yourself from the sun. During this phase of a job, sunglasses are a must. Honestly, I never really paid much attention to what others are wearing on their faces, till I found, and became a member of the Oakley Forum. That's when I noticed that a lot of construction guys of all trades buy and wear Oakley glasses. On the job. This is me last week.

IMG_3116.jpeg

Now don't go telling me about OSHA rules, ok? I know the difference between the Oakley's I wear and actual safety glasses (ANSI Z87.1). And I'll wear what's appropriate, depending on the type of work I'm doing. In my 20+ years, I've seen a few people getting fined for not following proper safety protocols concerning eye safety. I never did. Right now, I actually get to wear my Oakleys for most of the day, if I want to. Being the boss has its privileges. Just wanted to know who else on the OF gets to wear their Oakley on the job. I don't expect to see any X-metals, or any high end models on the job. And here are some examples I found just today.

IMG_3384.jpeg
IMG_3361.jpeg
IMG_3377.jpeg

Now show me your 'Oakleys on the job'.

Back