• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Oakleys shouldn't be worn by anyone over the age of 25"

Damn, Im 55 and and wear straights and flak jackets . I guess 50 is now the new 20.

Just like the Romeos in Mission impossible 2; "These Oakleys will self-destruct when you turn 25."

My brain wouldn't let me read the title correctly at first, thought it said "Oakley's shouldn't be worn by anyone under the age of 25." In my head I was thinking ok, so they aren't responsible enough yet to care for a nice pair of sunglasses? I had to read the title at least 3 times before my brain let me see it right. Felt like Lewis Black when he discovered a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks.... Punch that manager in the eye for me, no one should have to go through what I just did.

Random Thoughts:

This person also said "the best sunglasses these days are made in Italy" What happened to the 'Made in USA' love?

It just made no sense. So I'm supposed to switch to Wayfarers instead of Frogskins? They're both based on the same style. Except the Oakleys have better lenses, better colors, and cheaper as well.

I guess all the pro athletes who wear them are just wearing them to look fashionable.

It's so stupid to actually want a pair of sunglasses that wraps around your eyes perfectly and blocks out all the sunlight without slipping down your nose when you're running around. *sarcasm*

So I guess we're all douches for wearing Oakleys. Even though 9/10 hipsters these days sport Ray-Bans. If anyone should be yelled at for being sheep.....

I got my first pair of Oakleys, at 30, just a few months ago. Use to only wear Spy. Pretty happy with Oakley so far, even convinced my wife to get a pair who would never wore sunglasses before.

Random Thoughts:

This person also said "the best sunglasses these days are made in Italy" What happened to the 'Made in USA' love?

It just made no sense. So I'm supposed to switch to Wayfarers instead of Frogskins? They're both based on the same style. Except the Oakleys have better lenses, better colors, and cheaper as well.

I guess all the pro athletes who wear them are just wearing them to look fashionable.

It's so stupid to actually want a pair of sunglasses that wraps around your eyes perfectly and blocks out all the sunlight without slipping down your nose when you're running around. *sarcasm*

So I guess we're all douches for wearing Oakleys. Even though 9/10 hipsters these days sport Ray-Bans. If anyone should be yelled at for being sheep.....

LOL... for the longest time I thought that Ray Ban only made those wayfarer sunglasses. But I see everyone and their mother wearing one. I just never cared for the bans. Plus wayfarers just don't fit this noggin at all. I saw a pair of their non wayfarer sunglasses and I didn't like the look. It just looked cheap. But to each its own.

I am just thankful for Oakley. If I had to wear cheap rounded crap...

Well at 50 I should feel pretty foolish ... I couldn't even afford Oakleys before I was 18 or 19. I try to be nice to everyone....really even staying positive on here no matter what... I promise...but that person who said that is ignorant. I guess I should trade my Zeppelin cd's for harry Connick jr or whatever older people should listen to. And my dad is way too old to have his old hunting rifles from when he was 20 or so... Maybe the best rifles are made in Italy the Prada .22 etc. Way back when I did work at a music store we would have gotten in major trouble for knocking any product.. Wear Straights and Flaks here too, bhrea3...ok now I.ll let it go and let the person who said that enjoy their Prada glasses... And shoes,etc

Good to know Piper, at least we are not alone. ( OLD GUYS RULE ) Oh yeah we know how popular that logo has become $$$, I'll have to wear my O's with my tshirts I have.

Amen! I love my Oakleys and having a variety of lenses for different conditions. If people don't like em-fine but a little respect for consumers is nice.

Latest Posts

Back