• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys WITH "SAMPLE" MARKINGS

downpour

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

has anyone encountered an Oakley eyewear with a marking stamped "SAMPLE" on the frame?

i have a jupiter squared which i got almost a year ago, it has a "sample" marking just below the model number. it was purchased from an authorized distributor so i'm not really keen on the idea that its a fake.

can anyone shed light on this matter coz im quite intrigued. regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get a box with the glasses? If not, you may have bought them at Final Sale and would be considered DE. In that case, a lot of sample eyeware comes through at Final Sale at your Vault stores. Not a fake, just a sample pair.

yes it comes in complete oakley package.. box and corresponding papers. does this mean that this is inferior compared to the regular ones?

No it was likely just produced for reps to show to all the shops they service. Once they are done with them Oakley sells them off. Nothing wrong with them just a pre production pair generally.

I have several of these, and they'e all legit. However, the distributor shouldn't be selling sample units at full retail. They're supposed to be for the sales demo purposes. These things are all over eBay, but the sellers almost always disclose that the glasses are sample units, and the price is under retail.

i know my Olympic frogs were both pre-production pairs, no box or papers etc, got them like a couple of months before they officially dropped. no "sample" stamped, but has "NPI" stamped beside the SKUs. still have no confirmation what those stand for though.

Latest Posts

Back