• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakraven

Sorry brother, that blows. What the hell is wrong with people?

Was thinking just be more tighter agreed-upon timeframe "policies" in play. This isn't to try to make a seller's life worse, but just sent a mutual precedent.

All fair game to back out based on:
• _ days after agreed upon ship out date
• Evident tracking does not show up _ days after item was said to be shipped

This forum can't enforce it, same deal as F&F vs G&S. We all have varying degrees of holding faith in a person, but as far as being able to make a point when something arises publicly again, there's a basis. Like the seller in question: maybe he got poisoned from licking wedding invitations. That would suck, but seller doesn't owe them free money.

Now of course whoever indulges in being a scumbag buyer just setting up sellers for failure is going to be dumped fast. Don't abuse the system, because it's harder for the good sellers to keep going, and quite frankly, we'd just lose the exchange altogether.

Not sure what you mean by a buyer setting up sellers for failure. I waited two weeks after his last response before making this post. I think two weeks is more than enough time for seller to respond to a message.
The leftover sellers we have here with integrity will probably feel a bit like they have a target on their back — even if they naturally do come ahead of those timelines (magnitudes tighter being days instead of your weeks) I mentioned anyway. It's just the nature of introducing rules, even if it does no real harm, it still adds a sense of pressure. I'm sure some sellers already feel wary of becoming victim to a fraudulent PP dispute already.

But yeah, we set our expectations to days between milestones, that hopefully makes things more straightforward. A buyer with good faith such as yourself doesn't deserve to be left guessing for weeks.

Seller even told me due to his schedule it would be 4 days before he could ship. He said he would send it 2 day priority. I told him.. no worries. Just send tracking number when shipped. That was on 10/6. That’s the last message I received from him. I know as a person who sells items on the forum you can’t always ship it in a day or two. So as long as a seller is upfront on shipping times I’m fine with that. We all have lives outside of this forum. I feel after two weeks of no messages and sending him numerous messages I gave him more than enough time to figure it out. Who knows what happened. After two weeks I was done waiting and contacted PayPal.

Latest Posts

Back